Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Amazon, which started out selling books in the 1990's, is moving into more and more venues which I think represents Jeff Bezos' vision for society.

First he bought the Washington Post which is leading the charge for a full and complete investigation into the Russian hacking, no matter where it leads and how many heads will fall.

Now he has bought Whole Foods, to make healthy eating more affordable, perhaps?

I'm excited, and I do admit I kind of like Jeff Bezos adding his gigantic economic clout to two businesses I think are doing an aweome and important job.

Amazon to Buy Whole Foods for $13.7 Billion

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amazon, which started out selling books in the 1990's, is moving into more and more venues which I think represents Jeff Bezos' vision for society.

First he bought the Washington Post which is leading the charge for a full and complete investigation into the Russian hacking, no matter where it leads and how many heads will fall.

Now he has bought Whole Foods, to make healthy eating more affordable, perhaps?

I'm excited, and I do admit I kind of like Jeff Bezos adding his gigantic economic clout to two businesses I think are doing an aweome and important job.

Amazon to Buy Whole Foods for $13.7 Billion

Likely just a simple business decision, to diversify as all growing companies engage in.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
WaPo was not a sound business decision. Print newspapers are on life support, but they do important work.

Rather than buy cheesy, misleading TV Ads like the Koch Brothers do, Bezos decided to invest in a paper that does the hard work of uncovering the truth.

It has never been more necessary than it is today.

Upvote 0