WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Just post anything jazz or related to jazz, any era, any sub-genre, instrumental or containing lyrics, by either Christian or mainstream artists. It can be straight jazz or it can be blended with other styles.

That's it! :)

Okay, I'll start....

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

I like that one! I have really come to appreciate Brubeck's work, especially his compositions written in odd time signatures (he seemed to be famous for that), which is really intriguing to me for some reason. I'm on the lookout for such stuff.

Don Ellis is another legend who was notorious for composing pieces of such nature. Below is an extreme case, written in 33/8 (Yes, it's quite rowdy and wild, but it grows on you!)

Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Great cover of a 30s swing tune. Al's mute playing at about 1:35 is amazing. He kinda makes the trumpet talk. Very cool.

I like that! I enjoy the version with Shirley Temple and Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, from the movie Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (the year is wrong; it should be 1938). Great dancing, too!

Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

dedindi

Jul 2, 2017
Spivakivka
Visit site
✟12,080.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Chet! my most loved trumpeter

West Coast school of cool jazz: Chet Baker, hypnotic trumpeter with a divine voice

chet%20baker.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A couple of classics:

This was a #2 hit single in the early 60s. A Russian song, in a Dixieland arrangement, performed by a British jazz group. Now that's multicultural.

For my money, this is still one of the best jazz vocals on record. Love the minimalist arrangement--just bass, percussion, and finger-snaps.

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have really come to appreciate Brubeck's work

I collect vinyl records, and I have a Brubeck one called "Jazz Impressions of New York City" which is fantastic. It really does capture the vibe of New York City in the era it was made pretty well (from what I can guess, it's a lot older than me)

Reactions: chilehed
Upvote 0