Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seriously, do you not understand the difference in the meanings of the words "I" and "Us"?

Last impeachment, they tried that, one, too. "What is is." That didn't do so well, either.

Because there are a number of us here who can explain it to you.

Here's someone who can explain it to you:

Those Royal We distinctions all show up in Trump’s speech at various times. Let’s look at some examples:

“Every four years, we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power, and we are grateful to President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama for their gracious aid throughout this transition.“

“…we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the American People.”

We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth. And we will bring back our dreams.

We will build new roads, and highways, and bridges, and airports, and tunnels, and railways all across our wonderful nation.”
The Royal We: Trump's Inauguration Speech - Lauren Sergy

Go to the site to learn what a "royal we" is, and why Trump uses it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am saying that Adam Schiff is so obviously blinded, twisted, and perverted by hate no one who claims to have an ounce of intellectual honesty could ever believe he gives a crap about anyone other than himself and whatever narcissistic desire he harbors within himself.

You just learned that you are wrong:

...May 31, 2018
Dear Representatives Trott and Schiff,
As Chair of the Committee on International Justice and Peace of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), I commend you for introducing H. Res. 220 that expresses the sense of the House of Representatives regarding past genocides.
I understand H. Res. 220's goal is to prevent genocide against Christians, Yezidis, and other vulnerable people in the Middle East, by having the United States draw on lessons learned from the response to past genocides.
The Committee on International Justice and Peace is committed to working with members of Congress to reject violence and protect the poor, vulnerable, and oppressed who are suffering.

Sincerely yours,

Most Reverend Timothy P. Broglio
Archbishop of Military Services, USA
Chair, Committee on International Justice and Peace

Letter to House of Representatives on Genocide Prevention Resolution

You're wrong about the other stuff, too, but you've already been shown that, several times.

• Informative
Reactions: GACfan
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ironic that a professed Christian would be defending a man who uses the Ten Commandments like Kleenex.

It's why evangelicals are a declining group; so many of them were more interested in what is Caesar's than what is God's.

The reputation and moral credibility of these Christians has been dragged through the mud because of their undying devotion to Trump. It's no wonder they have been repeatedly called out for hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Turner: You really have no testimony today that ties Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine for exchange for these investigations;

Sondland: Other than my own presumption

Turner: Which is nothing.

The odd thing is that Sondland later suddenly recalled that there was such a thing, after testimony by others who were there, and a number of documents refreshed his memory. Hence:

In a three-page addendum to his transcript, Sondland revised his testimony to acknowledge that he understood by September that American aid to Ukraine was linked to a public statement promising to investigate corruption in the country. That is a central point in the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, which was launched after a whistleblower revealed that Trump had directly asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to investigate Biden on a July phone call as the money was held back.

In the statement, Sondland says the testimony of two other key witnesses — top Ukrainian diplomat William Taylor and National Security Council aide Tim Morrison — “have refreshed my recollection.”

Sondland said “I now do recall” a conversation in Poland where he told a Zelenskiy aide that resumption of military aid likely would not happen until Ukraine had provided a public anti-corruption statement.
A 'refreshed' memory: Key takeaways from Ukraine testimony

Sort of the opposite of Trump, who suddenly forgot what he told Zelensky, and insisted that he never asked for anything from him. (after the whistleblower turned him in)

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last impeachment, they tried that, one, too. "What is is." That didn't do so well, either.

Explain to us where either of the words "I" or "Us" appear in the phrase "what is is."

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am saying that Adam Schiff is so obviously blinded, twisted, and perverted by hate no one who claims to have an ounce of intellectual honesty could ever believe he gives a crap about anyone other than himself and whatever narcissistic desire he harbors within himself. The guy is more obvious than a McDonald's sign glaring in the dark of night.
Sounds like someone who has lost grip with reality. Outside of abortion it sounds pretty cut and dry for equal rights.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Explain to us where either of the words "I" or "Us" appear in the phrase "what is is."

You're actually serious? It really doesn't matter what equivocation Sekulow used, Trump's habitual use of the royal "we" makes it very clear what he intended.

Upvote 0