Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fermi's Paradox is that, to the best of present observations, humans are alone in the universe as far as current telescopes can see. Despite countless stars & planets, none have (obviously) developed intelligent technological civilizations such as humans.
  • prima facie, life never emerges on its own in our corner of the cosmos
Lots of hype recently about "sequential evolution" as scientists address the "Gaia paradox" -- how life has survived continuously on earth for such a long long time. Science acknowledges it is hard to explain how life not only emerged, but then afterwards persisted, for ages & eons.
  • even if life emerges, it probably doesn't persist on its own for significant time
Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs & Steel argues that for civilization to emerge requires an amazing conspiracy of beneficial factors, all appearing on the same planet at the same place and time. Right region of the right planet with the right climate, with a perfect suite of plant crops (grains) that grow easily & quickly and act like a natural solar collector, harnessing starlight and converting it into useful energy. Plus the perfect suite of animals (farm animals) that can provide meat & muscle power to pull plows, etc.
  • even if life emerges & persists, it probably doesn't produce civilization, from the perfect storm of flora & fauna in the presence of an intelligent tool-using organism
So, here on earth there's a perfect conspiracy of factors giving rise, not only to intelligent technological humans... but also all of the supporting plants & animals without which we would have remained sophisticated hunter-gatherers but not civilized...

whereas everywhere else across the cosmos exists nothing but barren lifeless desert worlds uninhabitable.

Conclusion -- perhaps the disparity between "Jared Diamond's perfect conspiracy of factors" on earth and (prima facie) "Fermi's Paradox of nothing anywhere else" suggests some sort of extra-ordinary, supra-natural God-like actor at work ???

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Fermi's Paradox is that, to the best of present observations, humans are alone in the universe as far as current telescopes can see. Despite countless stars & planets, none have (obviously) developed intelligent technological civilizations such as humans.
Lots of hype recently about "sequential evolution" as scientists address the "Gaia paradox" -- how life has survived continuously on earth for such a long long time. Science acknowledges it is hard to explain how life not only emerged, but then afterwards persisted, for ages & eons.
  • even if life emerges, it probably doesn't persist on its own for significant time
Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs & Steel argues that for civilization to emerge requires an amazing conspiracy of beneficial factors, all appearing on the same planet at the same place and time. Right region of the right planet with the right climate, with a perfect suite of plant crops (grains) that grow easily & quickly and act like a natural solar collector, harnessing starlight and converting it into useful energy. Plus the perfect suite of animals (farm animals) that can provide meat & muscle power to pull plows, etc.
  • even if life emerges & persists, it probably doesn't produce civilization, from the perfect storm of flora & fauna in the presence of an intelligent tool-using organism
So, here on earth there's a perfect conspiracy of factors giving rise, not only to intelligent technological humans... but also all of the supporting plants & animals without which we would have remained sophisticated hunter-gatherers but not civilized...

whereas everywhere else across the cosmos exists nothing but barren lifeless desert worlds uninhabitable.

Conclusion -- perhaps the disparity between "Jared Diamond's perfect conspiracy of factors" on earth and (prima facie) "Fermi's Paradox of nothing anywhere else" suggests some sort of extra-ordinary, supra-natural God-like actor at work ???

I find it funny how as we never have been to any of these planets and we can only see them with a man made device some how we all are experts to space.

Not one man has ever been past the moon, I dont even belive any mans been to the moon, but that my belief.

So anything no tested is not known, just speculated and I dont live my life by speculation.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I find it funny how as we never have been to any of these planets and we can only see them with a man made device some how we all are experts to space.

Not one man has ever been past the moon, I dont even belive any mans been to the moon, but that my belief.

So anything no tested is not known, just speculated and I dont live my life by speculation.
It's actually a doctrine that mankind and all life on earth is only on earth. The account of the 7 days of creation is not written with secrecy but reveals the entire account of the creation of our universe. And life was only made on earth. God did not make life somewhere else and not tell us. As it says:

For the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets. ~Amos 3:7

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It's actually a doctrine that mankind and all life on earth is only on earth. The account of the 7 days of creation is not written with secrecy but reveals the entire account of the creation of our universe. And life was only made on earth. God did not make life somewhere else and not tell us. As it says:

For the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets. ~Amos 3:7

I agree with you.

Its sad how man can praise other men who are faulty but curse God who is perfect.

Space is infinite and never ending but man says it expands, but there is nothing to expand as space is not a thing.

My point is man is faulty in his thinking and God is perfect in all things.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you.

Its sad how man can praise other men who are faulty but curse God who is perfect.

Space is infinite and never ending but man says it expands, but there is nothing to expand as space is not a thing.

My point is man is faulty in his thinking and God is perfect in all things.
Ok, you are right about that. But in the context it seemed you were saying this about whether we know for a fact there is no life elsewhere in the universe. So I looked to defend that statement.

Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Who is Hard Sand?

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok, you are right about that. But in the context it seemed you were saying this about whether we know for a fact there is no life elsewhere in the universe. So I looked to defend that statement.

There is other life my friend.

God created others in the beginning as he said he did.

Let us create man in our image.

He created angles and also he created the beats and animals.

So Angles live on other plains and not the earth.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There is other life my friend.

God created others in the beginning as he said he did.

Let us create man in our image.

He created angles and also he created the beats and animals.

So Angles live on other plains and not the earth.
Angels are in heaven, the spiritual realm, not the physical realm. So in terms of physical life in this universe the only place that has that is the planet earth, which is a doctrine of the account of creation.

• Agree
Reactions: Kiterius
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Angels are in heaven, the spiritual realm, not the physical realm. So in terms of physical life in this universe the only place that has that is the planet earth, which is a doctrine of the account of creation.

No, if Angels fell to earth and breaded with woman then they are of flesh.

There hidden from man, but there still flesh.

God created beings with real body and spirits.

There are spiritual angles and fleshly ones also.

There is so much hidden from us you would freak out if you saw the truth.

We cant see spiritual things but when Jesus returns all will see him in the clouds. But Jesus was resurrected not by spirit but in the fleshly body he had.

My point is that there is other life other then us, but not like us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No, if Angels fell to earth and breaded with woman then they are of flesh.

There hidden from man, but there still flesh.

God created beings with real body and spirits.

There are spiritual angles and fleshly ones also.

There is so much hidden from us you would freak out if you saw the truth.

We cant see spiritual things but when Jesus returns all will see him in the clouds. But Jesus was resurrected not by spirit but in the fleshly body he had.

My point is that there is other life other then us, but not like us.
If you are willing to accept it, the Book of Enoch makes clear that the angels are actually bound in the earth and do not go milling about in space. Next, it makes clear that the Nephilim who were flesh were destroyed but their spirits were bound to the earth and they are the demons that we are attacked and deceived by. The angels were kept bound in a specific spot in the Book of Enoch but the demons roam around the earth.

• Informative
Reactions: FIRESTORM314
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If you are willing to accept it, the Book of Enoch makes clear that the angels are actually bound in the earth and do not go milling about in space. Next, it makes clear that the Nephilim who were flesh were destroyed but their spirits were bound to the earth and they are the demons that we are attacked and deceived by. The angels were kept bound in a specific spot in the Book of Enoch but the demons roam around the earth.

I agree with all you said, But there are still other creatures created by God who are hidden from us but are flesh.

When the end comes, you will see what I talk about.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with all you said, But there are still other creatures created by God who are hidden from us but are flesh.

When the end comes, you will see what I talk about.
Did God hide any of his creation from Adam? Didn't he bring them ALL before him and have him name them himself? There is no other life than what we have already come into contact with on this earth.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Did God hide any of his creation from Adam? Didn't he bring them ALL before him and have him name them himself? There is no other life than what we have already come into contact with on this earth.

God did not hide anything, but the one who are hidden hide them self.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not so. A false doctrine, or at best, an incomplete doctrine; since it never says ONLY on earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Not so. A false doctrine, or at best, an incomplete doctrine; since it never says ONLY on earth.
Yes angels can come down to earth whenever they want. But I'm trying to say that they don't live on other planets after our manner and we can reach out to them if only we had the power of interstellar travel!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Not just Jared, there are scientists in oxford who also question the fermi paradox.
Sandberg, A., Drexler, E. and Ord, T., Dissolving the Fermi Paradox, arxiv.org, 8 June 2018.
taken from:-
https://creation.com/dissolving-fermi-paradox

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you have a verse to go with on earth and only on earth ?

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a verse to go with on earth and only on earth ?
Yeah just read the first page of the bible. It says he made all the fish and the birds on earth on the 5th day. Then on the 6th day it says he made all the beasts and land animals before he finished with making man in the image of God.

Where does it say in scripture that he created life on other planets? Could you please give me a verse to go with that?

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah just read the first page of the bible. It says he made all the fish and the birds on earth on the 5th day. Then on the 6th day it says he made all the beasts and land animals before he finished with making man in the image of God.

Where does it say in scripture that he created life on other planets? Could you please give me a verse to go with that?

I did not say one way or another, You had implied that the bible clearly states it is ONLY on this planet, can you show me where it clearly states that ?

Upvote 0