• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Japheth is white. Genesis 9:27

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Alpha-and-Omega, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+2,612
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    maybe ? But I can tell you that some of my ancestors came all the way from Africa and others came from Europe. My mother spent 65 years living within a 10 block area in tiny part of one city . To go from Africa to Europe is about the distant from New York to the Carolinas . Easily able to walk that distance in a year. What would be hard is going out of the range of familiar foods and supplies and coping with a different climate . Going from equatorial to a seasonal climate with a winter is hard

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,480
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I thought white people came from the leper colonies. (btw I'm white)

3. section9+1

section9+1 Well-Known Member

+697
    Christian
    Married
    I think Noah's sons is kind of sketchy. Yet there are different people groups or races. God deliberately did it or else there are physiological things he is incapable of doing. Why did he and what does it mean for us? Seems like it's been an effective way to divide people and handicap human progress. But then, wasn't the tower of babel story about that? Think if mankind was basically one coherent and solid group without clear differences. Wouldn't we be farther ahead because of that?

4. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,204
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Color means nothing in the kingdom of God, only here on earth.

When you get to heaven, and I pray you all do, every one is perfectly equal.

5. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+2,125
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    As in moved from the equator...

6. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+2,125
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Very loosely speaking but also of asia...
    ... shem is the direct ancestor of eber... Ancestor of abraham- isaac -jacob whose name was changed to Israel.
    And this is recorded very clearly... Japheths line is not recorded very far down

7. PaulCyp1

PaulCyp1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+461
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    The human race is descended from Adam and Eve, who were undoubtedly black, since science has clearly demonstrated that the earliest humans lived in central Africa.

8. Gideons300

Gideons300 Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.

+1,097
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Just curious, what was your motive for making this post? I am trying to think of various reasons but seem to keep coming back to just one. Maybe you can enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Gideon

9. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+732
    Catholic
    Single
    curiosity as to how certain races came to be?

10. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,521
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Here's what I believe:

Everyone was the same in those early days. The only reason skin and hair of people groups changed was because of adaptation to climate. The idea of race is a human idea due to ignorance.

I can't imagine how two parents, Noah and his wife, who were the same could have a child who is a different race from them and their other children, unless he was albino or had a skin defect or ailment, which still wouldn't make him a different race.

11. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,521
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Are you doing this to judge us or to learn the overall view of the posters?

12. Contenders Edge

Contenders Edge Member

+76
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

Why do I not like where this is going? While Genesis chapters 10-11 does give us insight as to how the nations of the world originated, God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) for He has made from one blood all people (Acts 17:26) and all will be judged by Him according to the same standards for He has given one means of redemption of all through Christ Jesus, one faith, one baptism and one doctrine.

13. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,411
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    The genetic bottleneck at the flood could have caused divergence into the major human phenotypes (white, black, Semitic), but at the point of the bottleneck these phenotypes would not be apparent, because the genetic loss would not have occurred yet. Therefore, while Japeth could have been the ancestor of the white people, he, himself, would not have been white, and there would have been no reason to name him "White." If Japeth did mean "White," then it was a meaning given after the fact, as someone else pointed out.

14. Grip Docility

Grip Docility Well-Known Member

+1,596
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Please tell me you are kidding.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Alpha-and-Omega

Alpha-and-Omega New Member

+7
    France
    Christian
    Private
    No, I am absolutely serious about this.

To “enlarge Japheth” means to extend his territory and influence at the expense of others who are not descendants of Japheth.

Because we know that all power and resources are zero sum: social, cultural, economic, political and military. Genesis 9:27 and Isaiah 24:1, 3, 12.

Consequently, the redistribution of power is always to the advantage of one group at the expense of all others.

But you know exactly what I mean of course.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  16. Grip Docility

+1,596
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This is the foundation of kkk theology, that is on the cross side. Just to be clear.

The word isn’t about skin color in the translation. Early man was dark skinned. Abraham was more Arab in complexion and so was Christ.

17. Alpha-and-Omega

Alpha-and-Omega New Member

+7
    France
    Christian
    Private
    Doesn’t matter.

The descendants of Japheth could well be Europeans.

18. Grip Docility

+1,596
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I understand, now. You’re pursuing eschatological findings.

19. Der Alter

Der Alter This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+2,368
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    <ΑΩ>No, I am absolutely serious about this.
    To “enlarge Japheth” means to extend his territory and influence at the expense of others who are not descendants of Japheth.
    Because we know that all power and resources are zero sum: social, cultural, economic, political and military. Genesis 9:27 and Isaiah 24:1, 3, 12.
    Consequently, the redistribution of power is always to the advantage of one group at the expense of all others.
    But you know exactly what I mean of course.<ΑΩ>

Wrong.

[פָּתָה S6601 TWOT1853 GK7331, 7332] vb. be spacious, wide, open (Aramaic פְּתָא be spacious, ܦܬܳܐ (pto) be spacious, abundant; cf. Arabic فَتُوَ, فَتِىَ (fatuwa, fatiya), be youthful, in prime of life, فَتًى (fatan) young man, one in prime of life (development of various meanings from √ not wholly clear, cf. Nö xi (1886). 735));—Qal Pt. פֹּתֶה Pr 20:19 poss. one open as to lips, but v. פָּתָה denom. infr. Hiph. Impf. 3 ms. juss. יַפְתְּ א׳ לְיֶפֶת Gn 9:27 may God make wide for Japhet (give him an extensive inheritance).—Pf. poss. Pr 24:28 (reading וְהִפְתִּיתָ בִּשְׂפָתֶ֑יךָ; make wide with (open wide) thy lips, for MT וַהֲפִתִּיתָ בִּשׂ׳, so SS; but cf. פָּתָה denom. Pi.)
    Brown, F., Driver, S. R., & Briggs, C. A. (1977). Enhanced Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon (p. 834). Oxford: Clarendon Press.

20. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,466
    Christian
    Married
    Sub-Saharan Africans are from Ham's son Cush, Northern Africans from Ham's son Mizraim, and the inhabitants of the near Middle East are from Ham's son Canaan. Scripture makes its continuing distinction between Ham's sons, not from Ham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.