Japheth is white. Genesis 9:27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So skin color is due to movement. The lighter the skin, the most traveled...the darker, the least traveled.
maybe ? But I can tell you that some of my ancestors came all the way from Africa and others came from Europe. My mother spent 65 years living within a 10 block area in tiny part of one city . To go from Africa to Europe is about the distant from New York to the Carolinas . Easily able to walk that distance in a year. What would be hard is going out of the range of familiar foods and supplies and coping with a different climate . Going from equatorial to a seasonal climate with a winter is hard

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The entire world population descended from Noah’s three sons Shem, Ham and Japheth

The name Japheth means white, beautiful, and "God will enlarge him":

Genesis 9:27 MAY GOD ENLARGE JAPHETH, and may he dwell in the tents of Shem; and may Canaan be his servant.

Discuss.
I thought white people came from the leper colonies. (btw I'm white)

• Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Noah's sons is kind of sketchy. Yet there are different people groups or races. God deliberately did it or else there are physiological things he is incapable of doing. Why did he and what does it mean for us? Seems like it's been an effective way to divide people and handicap human progress. But then, wasn't the tower of babel story about that? Think if mankind was basically one coherent and solid group without clear differences. Wouldn't we be farther ahead because of that?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But do you contest the idea that Japheth is the Great great great ancestor of Europeans?
Very loosely speaking but also of asia...
... shem is the direct ancestor of eber... Ancestor of abraham- isaac -jacob whose name was changed to Israel.
And this is recorded very clearly... Japheths line is not recorded very far down

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The entire world population descended from Noah’s three sons Shem, Ham and Japheth

Genesis 9:27 MAY GOD ENLARGE JAPHETH, and may he dwell in the tents of Shem; and may Canaan be his servant.

Discuss.
Just curious, what was your motive for making this post? I am trying to think of various reasons but seem to keep coming back to just one. Maybe you can enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Gideon

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Here's what I believe:

Everyone was the same in those early days. The only reason skin and hair of people groups changed was because of adaptation to climate. The idea of race is a human idea due to ignorance.

I can't imagine how two parents, Noah and his wife, who were the same could have a child who is a different race from them and their other children, unless he was albino or had a skin defect or ailment, which still wouldn't make him a different race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Discuss.

Why do I not like where this is going? While Genesis chapters 10-11 does give us insight as to how the nations of the world originated, God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) for He has made from one blood all people (Acts 17:26) and all will be judged by Him according to the same standards for He has given one means of redemption of all through Christ Jesus, one faith, one baptism and one doctrine.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The genetic bottleneck at the flood could have caused divergence into the major human phenotypes (white, black, Semitic), but at the point of the bottleneck these phenotypes would not be apparent, because the genetic loss would not have occurred yet. Therefore, while Japeth could have been the ancestor of the white people, he, himself, would not have been white, and there would have been no reason to name him "White." If Japeth did mean "White," then it was a meaning given after the fact, as someone else pointed out.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Discuss.

Please tell me you are kidding.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Alpha-and-Omega

May 11, 2019
Il de Paris
✟1,837.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please tell me you are kidding.
No, I am absolutely serious about this.

To “enlarge Japheth” means to extend his territory and influence at the expense of others who are not descendants of Japheth.

Because we know that all power and resources are zero sum: social, cultural, economic, political and military. Genesis 9:27 and Isaiah 24:1, 3, 12.

Consequently, the redistribution of power is always to the advantage of one group at the expense of all others.

But you know exactly what I mean of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I am absolutely serious about this.

To “enlarge Japheth” means to extend his territory and influence at the expense of others who are not descendants of Japheth.

Because we know that all power and resources are zero sum: social, cultural, economic, political and military. Genesis 9:27 and Isaiah 24:1, 3, 12.

Consequently, the redistribution of power is always to the advantage of one group at the expense of all others.

But you know exactly what I mean of course.

This is the foundation of kkk theology, that is on the cross side. Just to be clear.

The word isn’t about skin color in the translation. Early man was dark skinned. Abraham was more Arab in complexion and so was Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Alpha-and-Omega

May 11, 2019
Il de Paris
✟1,837.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the foundation of kkk theology, that is on the cross side. Just to be clear.

The word isn’t about skin color in the translation. Early man was dark skinned. Abraham was more Arab in complexion and so was Christ.
Doesn’t matter.

The descendants of Japheth could well be Europeans.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<ΑΩ>No, I am absolutely serious about this.
But you know exactly what I mean of course.<ΑΩ>

Wrong.

[פָּתָה S6601 TWOT1853 GK7331, 7332] vb. be spacious, wide, open (Aramaic פְּתָא be spacious, ܦܬܳܐ (pto) be spacious, abundant; cf. Arabic فَتُوَ, فَتِىَ (fatuwa, fatiya), be youthful, in prime of life, فَتًى (fatan) young man, one in prime of life (development of various meanings from √ not wholly clear, cf. Nö xi (1886). 735));—Qal Pt. פֹּתֶה Pr 20:19 poss. one open as to lips, but v. פָּתָה denom. infr. Hiph. Impf. 3 ms. juss. יַפְתְּ א׳ לְיֶפֶת Gn 9:27 may God make wide for Japhet (give him an extensive inheritance).—Pf. poss. Pr 24:28 (reading וְהִפְתִּיתָ בִּשְׂפָתֶ֑יךָ; make wide with (open wide) thy lips, for MT וַהֲפִתִּיתָ בִּשׂ׳, so SS; but cf. פָּתָה denom. Pi.)
Brown, F., Driver, S. R., & Briggs, C. A. (1977). Enhanced Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon (p. 834). Oxford: Clarendon Press.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The traditional view of that matter is that the blacks are from Ham, the Jews (Semites) from Shem, and the whites from Japheth.

Sub-Saharan Africans are from Ham's son Cush, Northern Africans from Ham's son Mizraim, and the inhabitants of the near Middle East are from Ham's son Canaan. Scripture makes its continuing distinction between Ham's sons, not from Ham.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.