Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If not, then what are you saying? What is the good on human body? Can you say something about it?

I'm saying we are not unilaterally "superior" when it comes to human body. A lot comes down to whatever specific metrics or measurements you want to use, by which there are definitely organisms that will have use beat in many such instances.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If I had to name a few things, I'd say our opposable thumbs, our brain size to body mass ratio, and our physical ability to manifest complex language and communication.

Beyond that, the human body clearly has a lot of questionable design decisions. Like who thought putting a gonads in a vulnerable exterior location would be a good thing? :scratch:

The three things you listed, two of them are intelligence related.
We have more than one thousand physical functions. Are you saying 99.99% are not better than other animals?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying we are not unilaterally "superior" when it comes to human body. A lot comes down to whatever specific metrics or measurements you want to use, by which there are definitely organisms that will have use beat in many such instances.

So, what are those? Fist? Arm? Legs? or heart? lung? Or a combination of them?

Next time, when you see your doctor, ask him or her: what is the good of (the system you are examined) when compared with other animals? Will you?

If our body is not good on this and on that, then I think your faith has a BIG problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Next time, when you see your doctor, ask him or her: what is the good of (the system you are examined) when compared with other animals? Will you?

That would be a really weird thing to ask a doctor. :scratch:

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The three things you listed, two of them are intelligence related.
We have more than one thousand physical functions. Are you saying 99.99% are not better than other animals?

It would entirely depend on what we are specifically talking about. How about you list where you think the human body is superior to other organisms and we can go from there.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It would entirely depend on what we are specifically talking about. How about you list where you think the human body is superior to other organisms and we can go from there.

I said that I don't know. I don't have any data. It is my faith.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For a doctor? Just FYI, but family doctors are typically not biologists.

Some of them should know the difference about the same physiological system between human and animals. For example, a cardiologist should know the quality of our heart when compared with heart of, say, a cow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's called being honest. And isn't honesty the best policy? ;)

You denied something you do not know. It is a decision of faith. And, logically, it shows that your faith is wrong.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Some of them should know the difference about some physiological system between human and animals. For example, a cardiologist should know the quality of our heart when compared with heart of, say, a cow.

I'm sure that doctors have some biological knowledge. But on the other hand if I went to my doctor and specifically asked her if a cow had a better heart than me, she'd probably wonder if I'd gone off my meds.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You denied something you do not know. It is a decision of faith.

You're twisting what I said.

What I said if that you look at specific metrics, you're not likely to find cases where the human body is unilaterally superior in every respect. And I already gave you a specific example of a type of organism and the criteria (e.g. survivability in extreme environments) that is superior to the human body in those respects.

Claiming this is just an issue of "faith" is ridiculously naive.

Like I said earlier, you can believe whatever you want, but when start looking at things objectively you won't be able to support your idea.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure that doctors have some biological knowledge. But on the other hand if I went to my doctor and specifically asked her if a cow had a better heart than me, she'd probably wonder if I'd gone off my meds.

Nay.. You underestimate your doctor too much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You're twisting what I said.

What I said if that you look at specific metrics, you're not likely to find cases where the human body is unilaterally superior in every respect. And I already gave you a specific example of a type of organism and the criteria (e.g. survivability in extreme environments) that is superior to the human body in those respects.

Claiming this is just an issue of "faith" is ridiculously naive.

Like I said earlier, you can believe whatever you want, but when start looking at things objectively you won't be able to support your idea.

Then your claim is, at least, un-scientific.
A little bit analysis for you:

Our organ A is worse than animals 1,2,3
Our organ B is worse than animals 4,5,6.
Our organ C is worse than animals 7,8,9.
But our organs A, B, C, together are better than any of theirs.

That is how should we see our superior body. Understand? The examples you give are basically useless.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The examples you give are basically useless.

I gave you real-world examples based on known data. Responding with a hypothetical view as how we ought to view things isn't useful unless you can substantiate why we should follow your reasoning and back up with with real world data.

Let me know when you can do that.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0