✟185,805.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
41GAnv7xgkL._SL1000_.jpg

She was blues and rock'n'roll singer. Sadly, she died young at 27 because of drug overdose. Any Janis Joplin fans here?

Reactions: Darkhorse

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I often tease my wife by announcing "Joplinnn!" in a rock & roll DJ voice, followed by "The Entertainer" or "Maple Leaf Rag...!" :sorry:

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I often tease my wife by announcing "Joplinnn!" in a rock & roll DJ voice, followed by "The Entertainer" or "Maple Leaf Rag...!" :sorry:
I sat bemused for 3 1/2 seconds, then the smile kicked in.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I got one song of hers which is Me and Bobby Mcgee which I absoulutely love. To me she epitomizes the 60's and the hippy movement. It is very tragic that she died so young, she did have a battle with drugs and quite a hard life and there was no love in her life, very sad indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, she died young at 27 because of drug overdose. Any Janis Joplin fans here?

There are some great clips from the documentary FESTIVAL EXPRESS (the Canadian train tour that coincided with Woodstock).

She died shortly afterwards.

I also found this clip of her and Raquel Welch on Dick Cavett, a study in contrasts...

Reactions: calmlady
Upvote 0

calmlady

Sep 27, 2017
in the heart
✟185,805.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got one song of hers which is Me and Bobby Mcgee which I absoulutely love. To me she epitomizes the 60's and the hippy movement. It is very tragic that she died so young, she did have a battle with drugs and quite a hard life and there was no love in her life, very sad indeed.
Yes I agree with you her life was sad. Bullying in school, drugs and etc. I hope her beautiful soul is saved by God

Upvote 0

calmlady

Sep 27, 2017
in the heart
✟185,805.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's the person I like, just as much as the music. She didn't sing for fame, money or status, she did it almost by osmosis. As if it were a bodily function she just HAD to do.

Her Dick Cavett interviews are a joy to watch.
I also love Janis' music a lot! Please write me PM if you want talk more about her, her music.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums