1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Jan 6 Investigators caught in pack of lies

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by rwb, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,873
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Finally, a link! Bravo!

But what a mess of a article. Again, the leaked documents are not the only source of information we should go off of. If we went by the documents alone we could come up with that conclusion, but it does not jive with the released on-line conversations and video of that day.

It is clear to me the Proud Boys where planning incursion into the Capital, set up a command structure, and whipped up the crowed to enter the building. All these documents show is the informant was not in on the plans.

2. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster USA: Monarch free since 1776

+6,875
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Oh great, conspiritorial ramblings about an informant whose "reporting" to his FBI handler is fueled by being poor informant, or ignoring incriminating things, or just plain lying. Many of the things the CHS (informant) claims happened (or didn't happen as it were) are demonstrated to be false by other evidence (including video I've seen with my own eyes).

The reports of no violence or anti-violence in the planning and instructions either represents how unimportant he was or was deliberate disinformation fed to the FBI because they'd already figured out he was a snitch. (The overall leader of the PBs at the time had snitched on his accomplices to get out of punishment for them in previous cases. Also we know that the FBI was using a couple sources inside the PBs to monitor the "antifas".)

3. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+5,275
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The Gateway Pundit?

'nuff said

4. rwb

rwb Well-Known Member

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I understand the reluctance of some to accept the news from conservative leaning news. But if we only always accept the news from mainstream news, that tends overwhelmingly to lean left, you're only getting the liberal perspective. If that doesn't bother you, then you can certainly choose to ignore conservative news media as you apparently are. But as a Christian, I believe lies should be weighed in light of truth, and that cannot be done unless we hear both sides. Peace

5. Hans Blaster

+6,875
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    It's not about "conservative leaning news". If you want that go to foxnews.com or nypost.com Post news articles all day long from those sites.

Gateway Pundit is garbage-level conspiracy theory and disinformation. It is not reporting.

6. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+9,152
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Ok....maybe I'm thinking of Feng Shui or something.

7. rwb

rwb Well-Known Member

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It makes no sense to me to find news outlets that seek to be all things to all people. Gateway Pundit is what one looking for true conservatism would seek, in the same way one looking for true non-conservative would seek outlets like, the NYT, MSNBC, CNN etc. etc. etc. The non-conservative outlets out-number conservative outlets by about, oh I don't know 50 to 1??? Folks who want fair and balanced might go to outlets like Fox News. Of course, if you're a lefty who chooses to be informed only by those who agree with your POV, then outlets like the Gateway Pundit pose a threat to you. When you can't disprove, by all means slander the messenger. That's the usual tactic!

8. Hans Blaster

+6,875
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Gateway Pundit is where you go when you want false news. It's not just my opinion (and those of several readers of this thread).

Here's the lead paragraph of the WP article on GP:

The Gateway Pundit (TGP) is an American far-right[2] fake news website.[1] The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.[33]

Founded by Jim Hoft in 2004, The Gateway Pundit expanded from a one-person enterprise into a multi-employee operation that is supported primarily by advertisingrevenue.[34][35] During the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, the site received over a million unique visitors per day.[36] Twitter permanently suspended Hoft's account (@gatewaypundit) on February 6, 2021, for repeatedly publishing misinformation about the 2020 U.S. presidential election.[37][38][39] In September 2021, Google demonetized the site for publishing misinformation.[40][41][42]

(Full entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit )

If you want a "left-wing equivalent" try

Palmer Report - Wikipedia

The lead paragraph for that website reads:

The Palmer Report is an American liberal[2] fake news website,[3] founded in 2016 by Bill Palmer.[4] It is known for making unsubstantiated or false claims,[5]producing hyperpartisan content,[6] and publishing conspiracy theories,[7][8]especially on matters relating to Donald Trump and Russia.[14] Fact-checkershave debunked numerous Palmer Report stories, and organizations including the Columbia Journalism Review and the German Marshall Fund have listed the site among biased websites or false content producers.[15][16]

Here are the two key sentences from my prior post:

It's not about "conservative leaning news".

Gateway Pundit is garbage-level conspiracy theory and disinformation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+5,275
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I agree with you in theory. But Gateway Pundit was an abominable reputation that is well-merited: The Gateway Pundit has promoted the false claim that Barack Obama was not born in the United States.

10. rwb

rwb Well-Known Member

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Of course Gateway Pundit has an abominable reputation, just like every conservative voice does according to the so-called fact checkers. Anyone who dares go against the liberal narrative will be mocked and called conspiracy theory. Follow the money of the so-called fact checkers. Those telling us how un-reliable GP is quote from Wikipedia, as though they have fact checked using a reliable source. Perhaps they are simply unaware that George Soros has his dirty little hands all over that site, and his goal has always been to silence anyone who thinks for themselves, and refuses to become his sheeple.

And as far as Barack Obama being born in the US? Whether true or not and I really don't know, he is beloved by the Globalists billionaires who desire to re-make the world by collapsing societies.

Wikipedia: The George Soros Connection - Dr. Rath Health Foundation (dr-rath-foundation.org)

Is Wikipedia still reliable in 2020? - Quora

11. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+27,381
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Even if that were true, it would not change the location of Obama's birth. Where he was born is a fact. Your opinion about Obama and 'globalists' is a feeling.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

But your feelings are clouding how you evaluate facts.

Your non sequitur statement is basically an admission.

12. hislegacy

hislegacy A child at 20 weeks

+11,766
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Are you speaking of Nancy Pelosi’s reference when President Trump was in office?

13. hislegacy

+11,766
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    What trial?

Be specific what court is currently hearing evidence, who is the prosecutor and who is the attorney for the defense?

It sure isn’t this show on national tv

14. essentialsaltes

+27,381
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    No. But anyone using loaded terms like that is showing bias.

15. essentialsaltes

+27,381
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    This one. It hasn't started yet.

16. hislegacy

+11,766
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    That accurately describes 90% of the Jan 6 witch hunt, and most of Main Stream media.

17. essentialsaltes

+27,381
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Be specific. There are many transcripts of the hearings. Let's see some text 90% composed of loaded terms.

18. hislegacy

+11,766
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ah, the one that has not started. We are speaking of something that might or might not happen in the future. It does not currently exist.

19. hislegacy

+11,766
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    You are asking me for specifics, when you speak of things that have not happened as reality?

Seriously? How many times has ‘the committee’ referred to President Trump in derogatory terms or names?

How many times have referred to him in definitive terms like he has already been tried and convicted?

please….

20. essentialsaltes

+27,381
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    In the context of the thread, rwb wanted public access to all of the prosecution and defense investigative files. Which certainly do exist. But that's not how trials work.