✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What a rich store of blessings God speaks to us today! Almost too much to hold all at once!

Ah but isn’t that truly God’s Way – His Love is beyond our human comprehension and it is only by the power of His Holy Spirit’s gifts we are enabled to listen with the ears of our Hearts to the Beautuiful Truths He speaks to us. Today I’m posting excerpts which blessed me in a special way, but as you listen at Mass to the readings. you may want to listen again to parts that you need to hear also in a special way.

From Reading 1: (Neh 8:2-4a, 5-6, 8-10) — …“Today is holy to the LORD your God. Do not be sad, and do not weep”—for all the people were weeping as they heard the words of the law. He said further: “Go, eat rich foods and drink sweet drinks, and allot portions to those who had nothing prepared; for today is holy to our LORD. Do not be saddened this day, for rejoicing in the LORD must be your strength!”

From the Responsorial Psalm (Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15) (cf John 6:63c) - Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life. The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul; The decree of the LORD is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple.…

From (optional) Reading 2- (1 Cor 12:12-14, 27)

Brothers and sisters: As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit. Now the body is not a single part, but many. You are Christ’s body, and individually parts of it.

Alleluia (Cf. Lk 4:18) - “The Lord sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, and to proclaim liberty to captives.”​

Gospel (Lk 1:1-4; 4:14-21)

Since many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the events that have been fulfilled among us, just as those who were eyewitnesses from the beginning and ministers of the word have handed them down to us, I too have decided, after investigating everything accurately anew, to write it down in an orderly sequence for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may realize the certainty of the teachings you have received. Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news of Him spread throughout the whole region. He taught in their synagogues and was praised by all. He came to Nazareth, where He had grown up, and went according to His custom into the synagogue on the sabbath day. He stood up to read and was handed a scroll of the prophet Isaiah.He unrolled the scroll and found the passage where it was written: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord. Rolling up the scroll, He handed it back to the attendant and sat down, and the eyes of all in the synagogue looked intently at Him. He said to them, “Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing.”​

Come Holy Spirit, Fill us all as you filled Mary with Jesus Who is our Way, our Truth and Our Life! Enable us by your powerfull gifts given to us at Baptism to be true members of the Body of Christ, one with Jesus as Mary is now and always. Amen.

Reactions: Michie