✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The Word of God today speaks again of Jesus, beginning His Ministry. Although we “hear” little of Mary in the passages today, we can (in a sense) picture her among the listeners.

Alleluia - “The Lord sent Me to bring glad tidings to the poor and to proclaim liberty to captives.”

Gospel - (Mk 2:13-17)

Jesus went out along the sea. All the crowd came to Him and He taught them. As He passed by, He saw Levi, son of Alphaeus, sitting at the customs post. Jesus said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed Jesus. While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners sat with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many who followed Him. Some scribes who were Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with sinners and tax collectors and said to His disciples, “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” Jesus heard this and said to them, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”

How beautiful those words of Jesus must have sounded to those who longed for God’s TRUTH that day! How beautiful those words are for those today who need to hear them with the ears of their hearts!

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your Faithful as you filled Mary with Jesus Who remains our Way, our Truth, and our Life! Enable us by Your powerful Grace to live in Him as Mary does. “O Jesus living in Mary, come and live in Your Servants…” Amen.

Reactions: Michie