Jamie Lee Curtis says she watched her child transition 'in wonder and pride' as a trans woman

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

Jamie Lee Curtis is adding wedding officiant to her catalogue of roles, but it's all part of her job as proud parent.

The "Knives Out" actress revealed in the August/September issue of AARP's magazinethat her child, whom she shares with her husband director Christopher Guest, is a trans woman. With permission from their 25-year old daughter Ruby, Curtis shared that she and Guest have watched with "wonder and pride" as their child transitioned.

Curtis also announced news of Ruby's upcoming nuptials.

"She and her fiancé will get married next year at a wedding that I will officiate,” Curtis told the magazine in an interview published Thursday.

Ruby is the youngest of Curtis and Guests' children. The two also share an older daughter, Annie, who is 34.

Continued below.
Jamie Lee Curtis on supporting trans daughter Ruby, upcoming wedding

• Prayers
Reactions: BrAndreyu

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rumor has it Jamie Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite. I don't know if this is true or not. If it is true, it would make a little more sense.
Both her children are adopted. I have no idea if she was born a hermaphodite.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rumor has it Jamie Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite. I don't know if this is true or not.

It's just an urban legend according to everything I've ever seen, I believed it for a while when I was a kid but it's been going around for a while.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Curtis shared that she and Guest have watched with "wonder and pride" as their child transitioned.

I really don't understand how anyone can be "proud" of being a bad parent and raising their kid to be a perverted fetishist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would think, but alas, there are things, mostly other Christians that make me sad to be a Christian.
Well that’s the thing. We all have our crosses to bear. Different experiences, different stages of our journeys, etc. But you should not be sad to be a Christian because of another Christian saying something you do not like. Just saying. You’ll save yourself a lot of heartache. :)

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well that’s the thing. We all have our crosses to bear. Different experiences, different stages of our journeys, etc. But you should not be sad to be a Christian because of another Christian saying something you do not like. Just saying. :)

I guess you're right. Something to work on I guess.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Posts like these make me sad to be a Christian!
They're proud that their child is delusional at best and mentally ill at worst, chopping off body parts, and becoming an abomination before God, and that fact makes you sad to follow Christ? Interesting. Do you believe in the god of this world or the One True God?

Edit: better yet, don't answer. I just saw the church you follow, with female "priests" and gay clergy and effeminate names for God the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As sad as I would be about my child's delusion I guess I would call it or mental illness (like gender dysphoria). I would be proud of his/her bravery for being open with the world about it. As much as it would hurt me, I think rejecting people, especially people who look to you for emotional support can be very difficult for a young person to deal with and trans people have the highest suicide rate of anybody.

I'm pretty sure people with this affliction are tormented by their own thought, morals, insecurities, I wouldn't want to heap more shame onto them. By being open and willing to talk about it, I think there is more of an opportunity to help someone really think it through with prayer involved. God may just intervene and free them from that sickness. It's not common but I know it has happened.

When you shame, blame, and shun people, they resent your view of God and will close themselves off to any message you might have for them.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

350015_0f282d4b538245f7d5ab333c90dad940.jpeg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They're proud that their child is delusional at best and mentally ill at worst, chopping off body parts, and becoming an abomination before God, and that fact makes you sad to follow Christ? Interesting. Do you believe in the god of this world or the One True God?

Edit: better yet, don't answer. I just saw the church you follow, with female "priests" and gay clergy and effeminate names for God the Father.
I don't agree with him but you are breaking the rules with this post and you should be reported.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't agree with him but you are breaking the rules with this post and you should be reported.

Really? This is the OBOB suffering and everything said reflects the position of the Church. The fact that the person he is replying to lacks valid orders, but worse, maintains sacrilegious norms beyond the pale of what Catholicism can consider Christian. It seems relevant.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
lacks valid orders

I'm not a priest. Why would I have orders of any kind?

maintains sacrilegious norms beyond the pale of what Catholicism can consider Christian.

Maybe in some circles you are correct, but not all. Also, I don't subscribe to everything the Episcopal church does, but there are far more things I disagree with in the Catholic church. I was a cradle Catholic and as I have said so many times before, if I had a choice in the matter, I would have not been Catholic from the start.

Upvote 0