May 8, 2005
San Diego
Visit site
✟420.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently picked up a DVD of a debate between James White, Sovereign Grace Baptist, and Robert N. Wilkin, of the Grace Evangelical Society. The topics were on regeneration and perseverance.

If you do a search for the Grace Evangelical Society, or GES, on their website, there is a link to audio to the last half of the debate on perseverance.

Might be worth you time to check it out!

Antonio

BBAS 64

Contributor
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟484,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Free Gracer said:
I recently picked up a DVD of a debate between James White, Sovereign Grace Baptist, and Robert N. Wilkin, of the Grace Evangelical Society. The topics were on regeneration and perseverance.

If you do a search for the Grace Evangelical Society, or GES, on their website, there is a link to audio to the last half of the debate on perseverance.

Might be worth you time to check it out!

Antonio

Good Day, Free Gracer

James White attends the PHOENIX REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH

http://www.prbc.org

That was hardly a debate from my understanding there was no Cross in that discussion thus it fails to meet the form of a debate. So if one is looking to see a defense of either side it will not be found at this discussion. Maybe next time James and Robert will get down with answering some questions that are germaine to the issue.

Peace to u,

Bill

Upvote 0

Beoga

Sola Scriptura
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
✟19,681.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
lightninboy said:
From what I read about it, James White got flustered while Wilkin was confident and cheerful.

Then I challenge out to broaden what you are reading, because if I am thinking of the same debate, it was Wilkin's presentation that was filled with ad hominums, that barely touched the issue, that preached to the choir, and wasn't a powerpoint presentation when it was supposed to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟484,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Free Gracer said:
Little apologist, you are just reading the blog from James White's website, you havent seen the DVD.

I did.

Bob Wilkin won!

^_^

This was no debate, yes the dvd is availble. Still waiting for a good "debate with cross" But Mr. Wilkin will not let it happen...

Peace to u,

Bill

Upvote 0

johnny_redeemed

Soli Deo Gloria!
Sep 25, 2004
Clinton, MS
Visit site
✟15,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
lightninboy said:
From what I read about it, James White got flustered while Wilkin was confident and cheerful.

Did you hear the debate?? By your comments it does not sound like it. If you didn't how can you say who won?

I have heard the debate, I have listened to it 3 times, and I do not know how you can say someone won. They tried to take on 2000 years of Christian theology in less than 2 hours (I think, I do not remember the exact time). You could spend 3 hours per debate topic and still not have enough time to get anywhere.

I would like to know what you have read on this debate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.