James Gunn rehired a director of Guardians of Galaxy

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If nothing else, the "It was ten years ago" defense is now entirely contextual.

I couldn't care less about Guardians. I never got into those comics when I was a kid, the first movie did nothing for me and I didn't bother watching the sequel.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a mixed bag for Disney. The left will be shouting because they didn't stick by their guns. The right will be shouting "It was a past mistake, glad he's back".

I'm glad he's back. We all do stupid things when younger. We all grow also. As christians we should know this all to well. One interesting thing is Disney never had another person in line to make the next Guardians movie. So what they really did was essentially put him in a "time out" corner until the fire went out then rehired him again.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Its a mixed bag for Disney. The left will be shouting because they didn't stick by their guns. The right will be shouting "It was a past mistake, glad he's back".

I'm glad he's back. We all do stupid things when younger. We all grow also. As christians we should know this all to well. One interesting thing is Disney never had another person in line to make the next Guardians movie. So what they really did was essentially put him in a "time out" corner until the fire went out then rehired him again.

I'm not aware of anyone on "the Left" who was happy Disney got rid of Gunn, there was no outrage over this. There was talk about how this whole thing went down because some alt-right trolls, upset by Gunn's criticism of Trump, found some tasteless jokes he made on twitter when he was younger and which he emphatically denounced and apologized for. Disney did what any major corporation would do in order to save face, they dumped Gunn. Though virtually everything I was seeing last year had people pretty hopeful that it was temporary.

Nobody, as far as I could tell, was ever actually upset at James Gunn. I could be wrong of course, but virtually every source that I encountered when it happened had absolutely zero outrage or anger against Gunn, and virtually all anger was directed at the internet trolls.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You have this backward. It was alt-right trolls who posted the tweets that got Gunn fired in the first place. Most of Hollywood (which according to conservatives is unabashedly left) supported Gunn, including the entire cast of the first two Guardians movies.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I couldn't care less about Guardians. I never got into those comics when I was a kid, the first movie did nothing for me and I didn't bother watching the sequel.
But...but...those movies are vital to understanding the back stories and motivations of the characters who will use teamwork to fly around and punch Thanos in the Endgame quintilogy!

Upvote 0