Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
YOU ARE IN THE SEMPER REFORMANDA FORUM

Do your Elders anoint the sick with oil? They should. I really didn’t think too much about it to be honest, for me it was a give in, but after finishing a Bible Study at church covering the Epistle of James I think the command is clear. WE SHOULD ANOINT WITH OIL within the context presented in James 5. For a detailed explanation please download the paper written by Rev. Hyde on my site here: James 5 & Anointing with Oil

Yours in the Lord,

jm

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in an Assemblies of God church, where anointing with oil was a common practice, especially when praying for healing or guidance. In the Baptist church that I currently attend, this seems not to be a usual practice at all.

I regard it as biblical, though I must confess that I have a proclivity to over-analyze it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,852.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I grew up in an Assemblies of God church, where anointing with oil was a common practice, especially when praying for healing or guidance. In the Baptist church that I currently attend, this seems not to be a usual practice at all.

I regard is as biblical, though I must confess that I have a proclivity to over-analyze it.
The paper on my site looks at how anointing oil is used by Christians and what scripture teaches about it's use.

Upvote 0