as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jacob I hath loved, but Esau I hath hated, I was wondering is there any scriptural proof that God didn't eventually show mercy on Esau and now Esau would be right alone side of Jacob in Heaven. the verse that would even make me question this is:
Romans 11:28
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
KJV

this of course is referring to the Jews, which were and still are today unbelievers of Christ, but clearly God has chosen the Jews and it says they are the beloved, they can not possible please Him without believing in His only begotten Son, yet they are His beloved, well now I know one arguement would be He blinded the Jews that us Gentiles could be grafted in, but did He not form Esau and knew Him before He was formed In the womb. and seeing that in some verses close to where it says that God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy, it says that He will have mercy on the unrighteous. I know about the law and how under the Law the Oldest son got the blessings, but this was not the case in Jacob and Esau, so I feel that when God is saying that He will show mercy on whom He will show mercy is an earthly blessing, and that the youngest was favored/loved over the oldest. now whom would have been the right/righteous one to receive the blessing? Esau! so is this God saying that He will have mercy/favor on the one to receive the blessing which would be by law the unrighteous one, Jacob the youngest? But God is not under the law so He can show mercy on whom He will show mercy. so God said I will show mercy upon the unright/unrighteous; Jacob! so does the Bible imply that Esau is in heaven or hell? before you decide I think there is one more set of verses in the matter of mercy that we should heavily consider:

Romans 11:30-34
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
KJV

do we really understand for whom God will hath mercy? for who hath known the mind of the Lord?

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like Jezebel, the King of Tyre, & Judas Iscariot... it doesn’t read well for him.

True, Esau was blessed… until he sold his birthright which the Lord God, the Mighty One of Israel, had given him for a piece of meat.

Nor do I want to give my opinion on where Esau's is going. Too risky.

Malachi Chapter 1

1. The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

2. I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

3. And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Hebrews Chapter 12

14. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15. Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16. Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Romans Chapter 9

13. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

James Chapter 4

11. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

John Chapter 5

22. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Last edited:
Upvote 0