provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been reflecting on Romans 9 and I've come to understand how relevant the story of Esau is to those who are practitioners of real magick. The bible forbids all sorcery and those that practice witchcraft and the like are stealing energy from the universe that isn't theirs to take. But they do so by making pacts with extra-dimentional entities (demons) who then give them things in this life for something invaluable in the next, namely the soul. They get stuff of the world in exchange for God's grace. They choose the ephemeral realm over the divine, just as Esau did when he forfeited his birthright.

God hates sorcery with a perfect hatred because the practitioner is relying on idols/demons for their needs and desires instead of relying on God only. God's way is best, always, no matter how painful and deprived one's life is. It's no wonder God's punishment is so pronounced. It's an abomination and furthermore Theft to use magick to take more from this world (that we are not supposed to love at all) than what God has planned. Abraham said to the rich man that in his life he had had his "good things" and Lazarus had no good thing. I think this puts suffering into perspective.

For if one is afflicted in this life they have to look forward to a greater rest in the life to come. Christ emptied himself to become a servant of the world and to save it from death. He didn't come to be glorified and live as a rich man on earth, where all of his whims would be made manifest.

Just some thoughts. What are yours?

God bless