• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jackson Browne on his experience with COVID-19

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I found Jackson Browne's comments about his experience with COVID-19 helpful. I'll post a couple of them, but the article is short.

"How are you feeling?

The prognosis for what to do once you test positive is pretty much the same as if you don’t test positive, which is to stay put. And stay self-quarantined. Don’t expose anybody. Don’t go anywhere.

I quarantined immediately upon feeling sick. It was before the mandatory quarantine orders were issued, because you don’t know if you had it or not. I’m in the middle of trying to call everyone I know to discuss with them how they are feeling and whether or not they have symptoms. You have to assume you have it. You need to assume that you in some way could very easily pass it to someone else."

"I think you testing positive will definitely help people take this more seriously.

It’s important for us all to be pretty forthcoming about what we’re going through. Our experiences will be helpful for others to know. I don’t think my case is that important, but it might be helpful to know that some people don’t get this really bad. The idea that we can contribute to the overall herd immunity. You get over this as quickly as you can and be available to help others."

He thinks he contracted it at the Love Rocks NYC show March 12th.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for alerting us to this. I'm going to send the link to my father, who is a huge Jackson Browne fan and I'm pretty sure used to work with him back in the 70s (I've seen the passes from some of his shows among my dad's things, anyway; my father worked in the music business from approximately 1970-2010). This should help reinforce to him that this is a serious situation, and he needs to stay put as he is in the prime demographic to die from this (he turns 70 this year, and has preexisting conditions). Not that he's currently doing anything stupid (at least not as far as I can tell), but I think like a lot of people he'd listen to a celebrity he respects before listening to the CDC.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0