St. Louis, MO.
✟371,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd heard of his work, but never had seen any of it until I came across a collection of his cartoons at an estate sale. No way I would buy them, but they were fun to read. Kinda like gawking at a gruesome accident scene--it's awful, but you can't stop looking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/arts/jack-chick-dead.html?_r=0

1052_04.gif

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd heard of his work, but never had seen any of it until I came across a collection of his cartoons at an estate sale. No way I would buy them, but they were fun to read. Kinda like gawking at a gruesome accident scene--it's awful, but you can't stop looking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/arts/jack-chick-dead.html?_r=0

1052_04.gif
Jack was a huge blessing. I loved his work. I do not agree with everything he believed, but he helped me to understand living here on Earth in a spiritual war zone when I was a young believer. I still have many of his comic books in my shelf.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God used the tract "This Was Your Life" as a way for me to repent of my sins and accept Jesus Christ.

So I am forever thankful for Mr. Jack Chick for what he has done.

My words for him (to honor his life in the Lord):

"...he that winneth souls is wise." (Proverbs 11:30).

Granted, I do not agree with everything he taught, either. But I am thankful to him for his work on his many gospel tracts that have led many to the LORD.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
God used the tract "This Was Your Life" as a way for me to repent of my sins and accept Jesus Christ.

So I am forever thankful for Mr. Jack Chick for what he has done.

My words for him (to honor his life in the Lord):

"...he that winneth souls is wise." (Proverbs 11:30).

Granted, I do not agree with everything he taught, either. But I am thankful to him for his work on his many gospel tracts that have led many to the LORD.

He's led other away from the christian faith.

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I think it is possible, through vile abuse of a person, to tarnish another. It is possible to lead a little one away -- as it says in Mark 9:42:

""If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea."

But this is a reference to leading children into sinfulness.

But... if you are a conscious adult, and you are 'leaving the church' because there are some members who are too conservative, you never knew who God was to begin with.

I know there are bad Koreans... but would that ever cause me to view Korea as a 'bad country' because there are some 'bad people?' Liberals regularly admonish conservatives who have negative views of Islam because they say that the number of Muslims who are terrorists are so few in number...

Point being: if someone leaves Christianity because of Jack Chick and his sometimes extreme positions, they were never drawn in close to the Lord. Jack Chick isn't the sum total of Christendom.

If you leave the Church because you love the World, that is on you.

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then you haven't read and or understood what the Bible says. For no actual person can truly lead a true believer away from having a relationship with Jesus Christ. No external force can separate a person from the love of Christ (GOD). For it is written...

35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
(Romans 8:35-39).

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Makes me want to choke slam a grizzly bear.

I don't think Jack was actually thinking the whole scenario thru and realizing what was supposed to really happen here. He was trying to write about something he didn't really know for himself. You cannot blame someone for their ignorance. Obviously the Tract is still not being promoted (for those reasons).

I think he wanted to make somebody who had been in bondage to this particular sin to think they can be forgiven and to have Jesus as their Savior.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think Jack was actually thinking the whole scenario thru and realizing what was supposed to really happen here. He was trying to write about something he didn't really know for himself. You cannot blame someone for their ignorance. Obviously the Tract is still not being promoted (for those reasons).

I think he wanted to make somebody who had been in bondage to this particular sin to think they can be forgiven and to have Jesus as their Savior.

I can blame someone for his ignorance when he makes the choice to shout it into the world.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Circular logic at it's finest:

No true believer can be led away.
Someone was led away? Well, he must have been no true believer!

Um, not saying that somebody can deny Jesus. Judas sure did. We have free will. What I am saying is that it comes down to the individual and THEIR CHOICE of whether or not they want to continue in walking with the LORD or not. Nothing external can separate a person from Christ. It is ultimately the person who abides in Christ who decides if they want to continue in Christ or not. They are to blame for their choice. Nobody else or no external thing can be to blame for such a thing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can blame someone for his ignorance when he makes the choice to shout it into the world.

People are not perfect, bub.
Whether they have a mass audience or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums