Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
He certainly was. He helped us average investors tremendously by starting the passive (DIY - No brokers or them ripping us off), low cost index funds. Wall Street didn't take that too kindly:). I guess other discount brokerages like Schwab (the one I have an account with) emulated his low cost, low fee model with tremendous success. He'll be missed.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Warren Buffett says Jack Bogle did more for the individual investor than anyone he's ever known

“If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the hands down choice should be Jack Bogle. For decades, Jack has urged investors to invest in ultra-low-cost index funds. In his crusade, he amassed only a tiny percentage of the wealth that has typically flowed to managers who have promised their investors large rewards while delivering them nothing – or, as in our bet, less than nothing – of added value. In his early years, Jack was frequently mocked by the investment-management industry. Today, however, he has the satisfaction of knowing that he helped millions of investors realize far better returns on their savings than they otherwise would have earned. He is a hero to them and to me.”

Upvote 0