Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Author of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling, recently expressed her belief that God is a black woman following the defeat of Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate election.
J.K. Rowling: God Is a Black Woman - Breitbart

We should expect nothing less from the evil one or his followers.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
She's just being sarcastic, maybe if certain Christians weren't so tasteless in their mixing of politics and religion, it wouldn't invite criticism.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Author of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling, recently expressed her belief that God is a black woman following the defeat of Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate election.
Since the 1960s, the modus operandi of the liberals of the Blue States(= Democrats and Rinos) to defeat the conservatives of the Red States in US Federal elections, has been to pander for the minority-votes, eg Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc, ... and divide the White majority-vote(= about 70%), eg by pandering to special-interest groups like feminists, LGBTQs, unionized workers, the poor, environmentalists, Jews/Israeli cause, etc.

It is not easy for the conservative Republicans to garner 51% out of the 70% White majority-vote, in order to defeat the liberal Democrats.
... In comparison, it is quite easy for the liberal Democrats to garner 21% out of the 70% White majority-vote.
The main blame for the loss of the Republican Senate seat in Alabama to Doug Jones lies with President Trump because there was no real need for him to appoint Senator Jeff Sessions as the new US Attorney General in Feb 2017. Trump was too over-confident.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd expect Rowling is trying to poke Moore (which is wrong to do, but anyway...), and she is using the metaphor from the recent movie The Shack, in which at one point, God temporarily takes on the form of a black woman, for a while, until changing form later into an older man, in the movie, as a metaphor that all of us are in His image.

(The actual way God is in actual encounters with God in the Bible are rather better than this!! Perhaps though....it's fine in movies (sometimes) for God to be represented in such a...less way than His reality, because we can clearly know it is so much less that way. It's like a signal saying: this is only a movie.)

In the movie, probably hardly any viewers really think the trinity as personified in the movie by 4 actors have to be the actual images of the trinity in reality. I'd suppose only a few young children might temporarily imagine so.

But Rowling is trying to poke at Moore I think, and...it's better not to poke Moore, but instead pray for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
God may not be a black woman, but He evidently used them to keep the pedophile candidate out of the Senate. :wave:
tulc(thinks that's pretty cool) :oldthumbsup:

Still spreading rumors, I see. Do you do that at
work or in church, too? Or do you have inside
information not in the news that he admitted
to everything?

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still spreading rumors, I see. Do you do that at
work or in church, too? Or do you have inside
information not in the news that he admitted
to everything?
Just trying out what I like to call President Trumps Tweeter-in-Chief style of "truthyness". :wave:
tulc(can see why he likes it) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
J.K. Rowling: God Is a Black Woman - Breitbart

We should expect nothing less from the evil one or his followers.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

I don't know how a silly remark made by a celebrity makes news but it does. It may tell something about the average news consumer.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how a silly remark made by a celebrity makes news but it does. It may tell something about the average news consumer.
That they care what President Trump says?...oh wait...you meant a silly remark by a different celebrity! :doh:
tulc(was confused for a second) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God may not be a black woman, but He evidently used them to keep the pedophile candidate out of the Senate.

This is how we know you are not what you say you are, and you couldn't be any more obvious if you tried.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is how we know you are not what you say you are, and you couldn't be any more obvious if you tried.
...ohhhh how enigmatic and mysterious that was!...I don't know what I've said that isn't me and I don't know who the "we" is but, ok. :D
tulc(is a tingle with the mystery of the above post!) :swoon:

Upvote 0