✟817,023.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Greetings everyone!

Well, I took the plunge and bought one in .40 S&W. All steel.

I love .40 but my previous pistol, an Sig Clone Norinco N58 was picky when it came to ammo. I also find the Sig grip to not fit me as well as CZ pattern pistols.

A dealer in Toronto has them on sale regularly $749.00 on for $549.00 Canadian. I did a lot of research and in .40 they are one of the highest rated pistols across the board. I have yet to get to the range, but so far, right out of the box, this is slick internally, It has a very serviceable black nitride or oxide finish externally; great sights, smooth D/A trigger; light, crisp S/A trigger with a short reset, and the ergonomics, grip wise, of the CZ, but is somewhat heavier.

The size and location of the de-cocking safety is a bit different for me, and will take a bit of getting used to. The Sig pattern is way more intuitive to use.

Anyone here have one; I understand that they are a lot more common in the US? What is your opinions on these pistols?

Once I get to the range, I will post about how it shoots; but as tight, smooth as it is, and the beautiful polygonal barrel, it should be just fine.
jericho-be9400kit-p.jpg

Mark

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've never seen one in person, but I've heard good things about them. Congratulations!

I've been wanting to get an all-metal pistol in .40 S&W lately. Polymer are great for carry, but there is just something about an all metal handgun that appeals to me.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,023.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I've never seen one in person, but I've heard good things about them. Congratulations!

I've been wanting to get an all-metal pistol in .40 S&W lately. Polymer are great for carry, but there is just something about an all metal handgun that appeals to me.

I've spoken to a couple guys up here, and CZ mags and Jericho mags are interchangeable they tell me. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have a old Llama MiniMax 9mm that is a small 1911 all steel. It is a little beast, not CC friendly, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Something about having an all steel gun in the mix that just feels good. Same as my k-38 Combat Masterpiece. All steel and wood and although it is 52 years old and under-powered according to modern specs, it is still a reminder of times when being a gun meant something long lasting.

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,023.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I've spoken to a couple guys up here, and CZ mags and Jericho mags are interchangeable they tell me. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.
I've had it to the range twice so far; it has exceeded expectations. Superbly accurate; functioned 100% with assorted home loads of all descriptions; magnificent trigger in both double and single action; and comfortable! It and I will be having a long friendship.

BTW, it's mags work in my NZ85 perfectly; and the NZ mags work in it.

Here in Canada we are restricted to 10 round capacity in pistols with the pistol factory mag. There is no restriction to using a mag made for one pistol in another. I can get 15 rounds of 9mm in the IWI mags, and they all feed!

Upvote 0