• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Iveron icon and liturgy

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by GreekOrthodox, Aug 31, 2021.

1. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+3,107
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Today I was blessed to attend a liturgy at St. Demetrios Monastery in Spotsylvania VA there the Hawaiian Iveron myrrh-stream icon is traveling with Metropolitan Jonah serving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+16,624
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    praise God!

3. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+7,359
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I was able to attend an akathist with the icon as well!

6A8B8286-D6EB-4807-9107-D5D415BDCB67.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Philip_B

Philip_B grace upon grace Supporter

+5,118
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Please forgive me for asking from lockdown in Australia, but are these photos pre or post the Covid19 Pandemic?

5. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+7,359
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    It is current.

6. Philip_B

+5,118
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    We have to wear a mask outside the house, and restriction on movement to 5 km.

7. ArmyMatt

+16,624
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord have mercy!

8. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,006
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Have you watched the video I posted here?

9. Philip_B

+5,118
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    I have seen it, and I did enjoy it, however I also think she has done as good as she could. There are any number of politicians in Australia who I would like less as Premier of NSW.

10. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,691
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I’ve experienced it three times. Amazing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. E.C.

E.C. Well-Known Member

+925
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    I saw her twice! First with the Kursk-Root Icon at the start of her visit to the DC area, then last night at St Thekla's in Kensington, MD.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. ArmyMatt

+16,624
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I saw her a lot while at St Tikhon's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1