woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I look back on my life, I can see that there have been times when I thought I was doing the work of God, but was behaving like I was under the influence of Satan.

There are many who don't know what spirit they are of. They assume they are working for the sake of good, but do not realize that they are under the influence of the evil one, who seeks to divide God's people, create confusion, and discourage new believers.

You have better things to do with your time than to entertain troublemakers. Instead of debating with these people, use that time to encourage one another. It's not your job to put out the fires of troublemakers, but to follow the example of Jesus.

Remember, just because this is a forum, it doesn't mean you have to debate.

Last edited:

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
As I look back on my life, I can see that there have been times when I thought I was doing the work of God, but was behaving like I was under the influence of Satan.

There are many who don't know what spirit they are of. They assume they are working for the sake of good, but do not realize that they are under the influence of the evil one, who seeks to divide God's people, create confusion, and discourage new believers.

You have better things to do with your time than to entertain troublemakers. Instead of debating with these people, use that time to encourage one another. It's not your job to put out the fires of troublemakers, but to follow the example of Jesus.

Well said :)

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Hi Wooba,

Long time no see. How are you doing?

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2013
Connecticut, USA
✟15,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree. There were some times in my life when I think I was used by Satan. I didn't realize what I was doing. I think that for me, I was getting distracted from my duties. I had things I should have been doing, but I was making other things a priority.

Upvote 0

TheOmegaMan19

Dec 28, 2012
✟15,217.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't agree more with the OP. When does reproving someone become sinful? I'd say once it's obviously taking the pattern of a back and forth stalemate, its time to pull back. Because when we get ourselves into debating, we start trying to show that we're right, instead of trying to reveal WHAT is right. It becomes self-centered...like a demonstration that we are "this" much spiritually smarter than the next person, or even more favored by God in some extreme cases. I'm guilty as charged sometimes. I'm getting stronger in this area, but I also slip once in awhile. It's so seductive, because our debating becomes self-centered before we realize it. Some laugh at the Pharisee's, but that's an easier trap to fall into - and harder to heal from, because our pride doesn't let Christ fix it. We don't realize there IS a problem.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

To All:

Tell me what did YAHSHUA do but debate, but HE did not argue. However, HE did call them hypocrites and liars.

Here is a text I used to present where the church has go wrong.

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. Eze 3:20, 21

YAHSHUA came to HIS own who was not living up to the original message that was given to them by ELOHIM. We to think we are rich or sinless and no one should point out the church errors. Like in YAHSHUA'S day so it is today. Discussion is healthy and good but when it turns and becomes ugly is when those who hate hearing that they are wrong. We certainly can holler to others about the Sabbath but what about the rest of HIS Commands? HIS Sacred Name-slammed, all of HIS Holy Appointed Set Time-slammed, the true that EGW said herself she was not a prophet-slammed, EGW herself said words have been changed in the Bible-Slammed, the Bible never ever called any day ceremonial sabbaths-slammed, the beast is not the papacy-slammed, EGW say there is less to say about the papacy-slammed, there is a lot more slams too. We must get ourselves together first and all remember the five wise and the five foolish?

Finally if we are the Laodiceans Church and we are neither hot or cold then are we to stay that way?

Blessings,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
the true that EGW said herself she was not a prophet-slammed, EGW herself said words have been changed in the Bible-
Blessings,
stinsonmarri

As I have said before; this is a lie, and it is taking her writings out of context:

I saw that God had especially guarded the Bible; yet when copies of it were few, learned men had in some instances changed the words, thinking that they were making it more plain, when in reality they were mystifying that which was plain, by causing it to lean to their established views, which were governed by tradition. But I saw that the Word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain, one portion linking into and explaining another. True seekers for truth need not err; for not only is the Word of God plain and simple in declaring the way of life, but the Holy Spirit is given as a guide in understanding the way to life therein revealed. {EW 220.2}

And in the previous paragraph she says this: "After having given His word to man, He had carefully preserved it from destruction by Satan or his angels, or by any of his agents or representatives. While other books might be destroyed, this was to be immortal. And near the close of time, when the delusions of Satan should increase, it was to be so multiplied that all who desired might have a copy, and, if they would, might arm themselves against the deceptions and lying wonders of Satan. {EW 220.1}

So all she has said here is that SOME people have always tried "IN SOME INSTANCES" to change the Bible; but that the Bible has infact survived all of these attempts and that we can trust it all the way to heaven. We are not to cast doubt on the validity of scriptures by saying "they have been changed;" and then try to make it look like thats what Ellen White said, because she didnt say it. She only said "in some instances" people have tried to change it around; but over and over again she emphasizes the fact that: "the word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain." She did not cast doubt on the scriptures in any way, and she did not ever support people using her writings to establish doctrine; she always used her writings to point people to the Bible, and not away from it.
God has especially guarded the Bible, yet when copies of it were few, learned men have in some instances changed the words, thinking that they were making it more plain, when in reality they were mystifying that which was plain, by causing it to lean to their established views which were governed by tradition. But the word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain, one portion linking into and explaining another. True seekers for truth need not err; for not only is the word of God plain and simple in declaring the way to life, but the Holy Spirit is given as a guide in understanding the way to life therein revealed.
God knew that Satan would try every art to destroy man; therefore He caused His word to be written out, and made His purposes in regard to the human race so plain that the weakest need not err. After having given His word to man, He has carefully preserved it from destruction by Satan or his angels, or by any of his agents or representatives. While other books might be destroyed, this was to be immortal. And down near the close of time, when the delusions of Satan should increase, it was to be so multiplied that all who desired might have a copy, and, if they would, might arm themselves against the deceptions and lying wonders of Satan. {BEcho, December 20, 1897 par. 8}
Furthermore, you try to trick us into believing you endorse the writings of Ellen White; yet you see fit to change the words in her writings whenever it suits you, "thinking that [you] were making it more plain;" when infact you are simply preaching falsehood and deception to us.

Upvote 0