I've noticed a correlation between Joel 2 and Revelation 9

MithrandirOlorin888

Sep 20, 2013
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chiefly that the Trumpet sounded at the start of Joel 1 is the Sixth Trumpet of Revelation, the Second Woe. And that the Trumpet in Verse 15 is the Seventh Trumpet. Which lends supprot to the Seventh Trumpet view of The Rapture.

I did a Google search on the subject, and it seems no one else has noticed this yet. Which surprises me. Many I've seen, like in J.R. Church's book on the Mior Prophets, see Joel Chapter 2 correlating to the Fifth Trumpet, though to me that doesn't work quite as well. I don't like Allegorizeing the Locust of Revelation 9 into an Army, when the next Judgment is explicitly defined as an Army. To my the creatures let out of the Abyss are Demons taking temporary physical forms, like the ones they sometimes take from TransYughothian Ceremonial Magick rituals. That's the significance of The Smoke.

But The Invading Army in Joel 2 is usually either taken as the Gog and Magog Invasion, or Armageddon. But to me it seems to be placed before The Rapture, which doesn't fit the latter. And I've become very recently convinced that the former happens after the Millennium.

Both Joel 2:1-14 and Revelation 9:13-21, begin with a Trumpet sounding, and then we have an Army, with Horsemen that seem to have Bizarre Fire Breathing powers.