I've never been so fragile/insecure in all of my life..

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like such a victim.. Long story short this is the third time I've been stolen from and instead of confronting the situation, I say its my fault to avoid any arguments. First time I got over 300 dollars taken from me and I said nothing about it. Second time I've gotten the love of my life taken from me and said nothing about it.. And the third time I've got over 200 dollars taken from me and said something but now immediately will sweep it under the rug because I fear that they will think that I'm lying. I can't believe that I was crossed like this again. I'm the most insecure person and I hate myself for it. No one respects me because I have none for myself. And I'm constantly being taken advantage of for the hard work that I do.. This only breaks the ice on what I've been going through.

I'm just wondering when something will change. My heart hurts, everything hurts. Constantly. I have no voice. This pain is so deep and I feel so misunderstood. I want for once in my life to stand up for myself. Just once. To stand for something. When I've been cheated over and over again. That itself doesn't hurt. But when someone cheats you and you lie for them saying it was your fault. That hurts so much worse. Not only was I cheated but I lied and took the guilt for being cheated too. Not because I'm nice, no its because I have no backbone. Left with zero self respect and a bad image.

I carry so much weight. So much hurt. I just want to be free from it all. When you've been through pain this deep, it's so hard to relate to other people. Outside I have the perfect life and upbringing. But inside I could relate to someone who lived through the most traumatic experiences.. Is the answer as simple as needing to stand up for myself? Having self respect?

• Prayers
Reactions: Sarah G

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel like such a victim.. Long story short this is the third time I've been stolen from and instead of confronting the situation, I say its my fault to avoid any arguments. First time I got over 300 dollars taken from me and I said nothing about it. Second time I've gotten the love of my life taken from me and said nothing about it.. And the third time I've got over 200 dollars taken from me and said something but now immediately will sweep it under the rug because I fear that they will think that I'm lying. I can't believe that I was crossed like this again. I'm the most insecure person and I hate myself for it. No one respects me because I have none for myself. And I'm constantly being taken advantage of for the hard work that I do.. This only breaks the ice on what I've been going through.

I'm just wondering when something will change. My heart hurts, everything hurts. Constantly. I have no voice. This pain is so deep and I feel so misunderstood. I want for once in my life to stand up for myself. Just once. To stand for something. When I've been cheated over and over again. That itself doesn't hurt. But when someone cheats you and you lie for them saying it was your fault. That hurts so much worse. Not only was I cheated but I lied and took the guilt for being cheated too. Not because I'm nice, no its because I have no backbone. Left with zero self respect and a bad image.

I carry so much weight. So much hurt. I just want to be free from it all. When you've been through pain this deep, it's so hard to relate to other people. Outside I have the perfect life and upbringing. But inside I could relate to someone who lived through the most traumatic experiences.. Is the answer as simple as needing to stand up for myself? Having self respect?
Hi did someone take the money or borrow it and not repay it? In that case the trust is broken as most people could repay if they wanted to. The thing is being ripped off and going through these things can be a source of fellowship with Jesus. there is an odd verse in Hebrews 32 But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34 for you had compassion on me[fn] in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.[fn] 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise. Notice joyfully enduring the plundering of their goods. This is what happened to you. the Joy is in the fellowship of the spirit that this world is a rip off and in the Ressurection this will be worth nothing. The fact you have to endure it shows it is hard and difficult but the fruit of the Spirit is joy and a theft and all can try to steal your joy. In Reality you have lost nothing except cash and perhaps can meditate on this verse.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've got over 200 dollars taken from me and said something but now immediately will sweep it under the rug because I fear that they will think that I'm lying. I
If someone has taken money from you you need to report it to the police.

From what you've said I think you need to see a councelor about your excessive negitive self image.

Other suggestion, don't use cash, use a credit card, ensure that you have recorded it's number and the phone number to call if lost/stolen.

Please talk to someone about your self image, there asertiveness course you can go on. They do help.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you are being too hard on yourself. There is nothing wrong with turning the other cheek. However, if you have anger and let it fester for a long time, that will hurt you far more than any money. I would simply try and be more practical with your future. When you are burned, you need to protect your money better and not let others take advantage of you. Remember too your battle is not against flesh and blood but against unseen powers. Get more into God, to protect yourself. Tithing for instance in the Old Testament would rebuke the devour. That principle would still apply as would: Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee. Learn what your authority is in Christ. Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. You can be the overcomer that God intends.

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how to help with the stolen stuff... that's more a job for the police. But I can say that you should remember that you are a son of God. God is a King, and he is of course God. Therefore, you are a prince, and since your Father is a God, that makes you a demigod.

Please imagine this next part in Hulk Hogan's voice... *ahem*....

DON'T LET THOSE PEOPLE WALK ALL OVER YOU! YOU'RE A PRINCE, BROTHER! YOU'RE A PRINCE OF THE KING WHO MADE THE ENTIRE STINKIN' UNIVERSE! NOW GET OUT THERE BROTHER, AND SHOW 'EM WHOSE BOSS! OOOOH YEEEEAAAHHHH!

*cough cough*... sorry. Hope that made you laugh. Joy is an important part of our lives. But it's true. Remember, God is on your side. And nobody messes with the King's kids.

Upvote 0