Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Define what you mean by 'a super-massive nuclear generating station' .. 'cause it would have to be of at least, stellar proportions, (thereby melting all your satellites) .. and just about everything else on the surface.

If there were 5 in the shape of a 5 pointed star, each one of the 5, being on a point, they could produce 300,000,000 MW of power, to be shot out of a rod in the middle, straight up into space where there's zero resistance, and follow a chain of satellites, that are actually designed to attract, like transformers with windings designed to 'step-up' voltage, passing voltages all around the planet to the south pole, where massive resistors will burn up all the power, or use it for something.

Impedance of free space - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes the magnetic field is what transfers the voltage from the Primary coil to the secondary coil. The current is in retrospect depending on the load.

Why are you concerned about current? I'm not sure why that's an issue for you, when what we're looking for, above all, is a man-made magnetic field? And we create the man-made magnetic field using the principles of electromagnetic induction, based on voltage, in the same way transformers induce voltages across either air or the vacuum of space.

This is getting embarrassing.
Since the deflection tactics haven't worked change the goalposts completely and claim current isn't important after all.
How do you intend generating a man made magnetic field without a current?
Obviously this equation is meaningless to you.

max.jpeg

Even with the current j=0 we don't have the luxury of the playing around with the electric field E in the vacuum of space because there are too few charges!!!

...But if we must worry about current, then rest assured - there is zero resistance in space... It' not like earth, with all the air acting as insulation... This is how current can be carried across the vacuum of space, by a lack of resistance combined with massive induction.

I didn't realise science was so simple just make things up as pass it off as fact.
How is the current carried off in a vacuum when there is nothing to carry the current?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is getting embarrassing.
Since the deflection tactics haven't worked change the goalposts completely and claim current isn't important after all.
How do you intend generating a man made magnetic field without a current?
Obviously this equation is meaningless to you.

max.jpeg

Even with the current j=0 we don't have the luxury of the playing around with the electric field E in the vacuum of space because there are too few charges!!!

I didn't realise science was so simple just make things up as pass it off as fact.
How is the current carried off in a vacuum when there is nothing to carry the current?

I think upon realizing the following, you may be suprised:

Z0 = 376.730313668(57) Ω.

BTW, How much "current" do you think earth's magnetic field has?

Remember, current is not the goal. The goal is to create a magnetic field for the purpose of enabling an atmosphere as step 2.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The same way current is carried between the primary and secondary coils of a transformer. Across space.

...I honestly don't know why induction is such a difficult concept to understand. We use induction everyday. All the lights in our houses are operating by induction, right now, and we're not facing any kind of current issues.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think upon realizing the following, you may be suprised:

Z0 = 376.730313668(57) Ω.

BTW, How much "current" do you think earth's magnetic field has?

Remember, current is not the goal. The goal is to create a magnetic field for the purpose of enabling an atmosphere as step 2.
You are so comprehensively out of your depth.
zₒ = |E|/|H| where E and H the electric and magnetic fields and is an impedance value for electromagnetic radiation travelling in space.

What is comical is how you misunderstood this for resistance yet in your previous post you boldly declared space has zero resistance in which case Ω = 0.
Of course you might think electromagnetic radiation and current are one in the same thing which wouldn't be surprising given what has been served up in this thread.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same way current is carried between the primary and secondary coils of a transformer. Across space.

...I honestly don't know why induction is such a difficult concept to understand. We use induction everyday. All the lights in our houses are operating by induction, right now, and we're not facing any kind of current issues.
Repeating the same nonsense doesn't make it right, to only confirms you do not understand how a transformer or induction works.

transformer.gif

Note in the diagram the light bulb is powered by a current passing through a wire.
If you cannot grasp this simple diagram of how induction works then it is pointless in continuing this discussion.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are so comprehensively out of your depth.
zₒ = |E|/|H| where E and H the electric and magnetic fields and is an impedance value for electromagnetic radiation travelling in space.

What is comical is how you misunderstood this for resistance yet in your previous post you boldly declared space has zero resistance in which case Ω = 0.
Of course you might think electromagnetic radiation and current are one in the same thing which wouldn't be surprising given what has been served up in this thread.

Impedance is different from resistance... :)

I threw that to you as a gift. Basically, I did your counter argument for you, so you'd have somewhere to go. You're welcome. :)

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Repeating the same nonsense doesn't make it right, to only confirms you do not understand how a transformer or induction works.

transformer-trans65.gif

Note in the diagram the light bulb is powered by a current passing through a wire.
If you cannot grasp this simple diagram of how induction works then it is pointless in continuing this discussion.

Okay...:rolleyes:

But now look between the coils. No wire! Yet there is current being drawn from the Primary side..!

Wow, how does that happen? ;) Wait I know, the current isn't an actual thing. It's just a measurement of the flow of electrons... Which crossed over space from the Primary side to the secondary side.

...Can we agree then? that energy transfers from the Primary side to the secondary side across space in a transformer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Impedance is different from resistance... :)

I threw that to you as a gift. Basically, I did your counter argument for you, so you'd have somewhere to go. You're welcome. :)
Sure you did you must think the readers of this thread are mugs.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure you did you must think the readers of this thread are mugs.

I was curious where you'd take it... I admit, I was a little let down when it just led to another pre-packaged formula that wasn't going to progress the conversation.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sad, the only thing the posters seem to know how to do is throw things back at you, rather than use it for something helpful.

I guess I expect too much. :)
Oh well. I tried.
Then stop putting your foot in your mouth.
This is the latest example.
Wow, how does that happen? ;) Wait I know, the current isn't an actual thing. It's just a measurement of the flow of electrons... Which crossed over space from the Primary side to the secondary side.
Ignoring the flaming intent, you claim a current is not an actual thing but in the very next sentence you define it as a thing as being a flow of electrons which is not correct as a current is conventionally defined as the flow of positive charges.

Since you are now in victim playing mode you have brought this on yourself with your disrespect towards posters who have been willing to devote the time of pointing out your errors in the hope you might learn something.
Instead of accepting your errors or as the very least defending your ideas you have engaged in deflections, goalpost changing, self-denial and snide responses which ultimately lead to foot in mouth comments.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,122.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The thing is, that there have been plenty of opportunities to stop making assertive comments which are obviously based on flawed misconceptions.

I don't mind the occasional sc-fi (or even futuristic) ideas .. as long as they are distinguished as being that.

Comparing oneself to Edison, on the other hand, in already established Physics, just puts it completely over the top and into another realm, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then stop putting your foot in your mouth.
This is the latest example.

Ignoring the flaming intent, you claim a current is not an actual thing but in the very next sentence you define it as a thing as being a flow of electrons which is not correct as a current is conventionally defined as the flow of positive charges.

Since you are now in victim playing mode you have brought this on yourself with your disrespect towards posters who have been willing to devote the time of pointing out your errors in the hope you might learn something.
Instead of accepting your errors or as the very least defending your ideas you have engaged in deflections, goalpost changing, self-denial and snide responses which ultimately lead to foot in mouth comments.

I'm not interested in rhetoric. I'm interested making facts clear, and in particular, one fact very clear:
  1. Transformers induce a voltage from one coil, across the air, to another coil. and that electrons thus are able to flow once the voltage begins pushing on the secondary coil, because the electricity once again has electrons in the metal to push.
...Now do you accept or reject the science behind induced voltages? And if you accept it, would you be interested in discussing it's limits? Such as, how far it can travel in a vacuum..? Ways of increasing differences in potential, for extending induction lengths between two potentials?

..I didn't really want to talk about how horrible I am as a person today. ;) :)

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The thing is, that there have been plenty of opportunities to stop making assertive comments which are obviously based on flawed misconceptions.

I don't mind the occasional sc-fi (or even futuristic) ideas .. as long as they are distinguished as being that.

Comparing oneself to Edison, on the other hand, in already established Physics, just puts it completely over the top and into another realm, I'm afraid.

Does that translate to: "Non-engineers are not allowed to be assertive"..? :)

The solution is really simple. See, it's my thread that I created, and so, being it's creator, I feel a little responsible for which direction it goes in. Whether right or not.

This thread doesn't claim to be peer reviewed, or Harvard endorsed. This is an exploration thread... An exercise for the mind to be creative with science... Nobody needs to feel submissive, no matter what their background. We're all equals here. And nobody needs to be dominant here either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just as a debate method I'd like to share, because I think this could be helpful... Please take the following into consideration:

The Steel Man Technique: How To Argue Better And Be More Persuasive

Introducing The Steel Man
Instead of substituting what someone else is saying with a lousy proposition, we’ll do better by reinforcing their basic argument.

This is known as the Steel Man Technique. Put simply, it’s building the best form of the other side’s argument and then engaging with it. It’s being charitable and patching up the weaknesses in the other side’s proposition so that he can bring the best counter-argument to your point of view

• Informative
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟176,122.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not interested in rhetoric. I'm interested making facts clear, and in particular, one fact very clear:
  1. Transformers induce a voltage from one coil, across the air, to another coil. and that electrons thus are able to flow once the voltage begins pushing on the secondary coil, because the electricity once again has electrons in the metal to push.
Where do you get the idea that 'voltage is induced across the air' in a transformer?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status