kane_watson55

Dec 20, 2016
Australia
✟10,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
please pray for me I feel he has forsaken me. I hate sin (selfishness) it makes me vomit.... no matter how hard I try I cant stop sinning but I hate sin so much I wish I didnt have to live in the sin world I look around and feel sick seeing all the sin everywhere I just want to depart and be with christ, I can't stop sinning but I know christ knows I hate sin and I wish I never had to come alive and deal with sin :( please help

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
please pray for me I feel he has forsaken me. I hate sin (selfishness) it makes me vomit.... no matter how hard I try I cant stop sinning but I hate sin so much I wish I didnt have to live in the sin world I look around and feel sick seeing all the sin everywhere I just want to depart and be with christ, I can't stop sinning but I know christ knows I hate sin and I wish I never had to come alive and deal with sin :( please help

The Apostle Paul had the same dilemma. He understood that sin was in him all the time and wanted to depart and be with Christ. Romans 7:24--"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?"

Reactions: Skelly
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Praying for you.

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
We are all sinners. Some more than other. Like me! A gigantic sinner.

Look, Jesus came to save sinners my friend. Repent, get absolved and try again.

However many times you fall into sin, pick yourself up and repent, beg forgiveness and try again. Jesus did say that one has to pick up ones cross and follow Him. Do you think it is an easy cross?

We each have our very own individual cross or crosses. Be strong. Keep trying your very best for Go and for your soul.

God bless you

Reactions: Skelly
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Have you ever heard the saying "love the sinner, hate the sin"?

Jesus said he came for the sick and he came for the sinner, because those are the people who need him most.

A bruised reed He will not break.

Jesus understands why you are having trouble with sin, and he knows how to help you out of it.

Jesus loves you, and will help you grow strong in Him to the point where you will not struggle so severely with sin.

Jesus is the author and perfecter of your faith.

The good work he started in you he will finish.

Don't lean on your own understanding or ability.

In all your ways acknowledge God and he will direct your paths.

Jesus will help you learn how to do all things through him, as he strengthens you.

What you are experiencing is the limits of your human ability to do the right thing, but God has provided a way for us to learn to lean on and operate in God's ability/grace/power.

Paul said I work with God's ability energizing me: Philippians 2:13.

Praying for you to receive God's divine help as you fix your eyes on our glorious Savior Jesus, and not on our wretched human abilities.

Think of yourself as being in God's hospital right now, being helped by God's divine spiritual power.

People in hospital don't do much other than receive the treatment.

Just receive God's treatment and watch how well he can do in helping you.

Don't try to be the perfecter of your own faith.

That's Jesus' job.

Lean on Jesus right now and receive His help.

Let him heal you and help you out of what seems like an impossible situation.

You need Jesus and Jesus loves and wants you.

You are very valuable to him.

You see your sin.

Jesus sees you.

He died for you.

He is keeping you.

He will heal you and help you out of sin.

Love yourself because Jesus loves you so much.

Continuing to pray for you dear brother.

Upvote 0

kane_watson55

Dec 20, 2016
Australia
✟10,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>
I'm an extremely lucky person I'm not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me but I suffer from Pure obsessional OCD so I read and watch an intense amount of debates on god vs. the god delusion etc. I'm scared ill never be able to fully believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

kane_watson55

Dec 20, 2016
Australia
✟10,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm an extremely lucky person I'm not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me but I suffer from Pure obsessional OCD so I read and watch an intense amount of debates on god vs. the god delusion etc. I'm scared ill never be able to fully believe
They claim they have proven natural selection evolution as a fact now ? and dawkins and krauss also say that they have better explanations for how the big bang came from nothing than to invoke a supernatural deity?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Do hanging around until the time is right. The longer you live on the earth, the more you will learn and the better off you will be when you are with God. Time on the earth is very short and is very precious. It may not be good enough, but just like one in a boot camp, it is beneficial.

Don't quit. It won't be long.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They claim they have proven natural selection evolution as a fact now ? and dawkins and krauss also say that they have better explanations for how the big bang came from nothing than to invoke a supernatural deity?

Have you read something by ICR or by Answers in Genesis?

Everything has two sides. As one who is not a scientist, but likes science, you SHOULD see both sides of the story and then make a reasonable decision. That is what a person with a scientific mind should do.

I have a friend who can not accept the teaching of the Global Flood. I talked to him about the details. Then he admitted that he does not enough reasons to go against it.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Praying for you, dear heart. God LOVES you. He HEARS what is in your heart that prompted you to cry out for help. He SEES you and He KNOWS you. He also WILL answer ANY sincere cries of your heart. Dare to TRUST Him in that. For if you sincerely seek Him with all of your heart, He WILL be found, just like the father in the Prodigal Son, God will RUN to you as you take ONE STEP towards Him. There IS a place called grace, and it is right there in His presence. He LOVES grace and mercy, and He loves YOU. TRUST Him. Praying, precious. (((hug)))

• Optimistic
Reactions: angela4God
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm so devoid of love that I want to inflict pain on others, Does it happen gradually? I've read every christian book under the sun and thought I've seen miracles from god to prove to me his real but then I fall into the science refutes god arguments and unbelief and selfishness again, I watch alot of debates etc. and the likes of richard dawkins and lawrence krauss seem to shut me up for a fool every time

There are two things going on here. The first is a problem you have in your heart, the second is in your head. Does it really matter who's right in the debates if you're carrying around a weight in your heart? Is Richard Dawkins able to change your heart? Does he even promise to?

Even if your head is not 100% sure God is real, you still can proceed with His program of heart change. It only requires that you come to God honestly and with humility. The Bible is true no matter who says differently. Follow what it says about forgiveness (your own, and forgiving others) and you will make real headway. The rest will fall into place in due season. This is why I don't bother with all the debates any more - God v atheist, RC v Prot, etc. They're all straw compared to the reality of Christ.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is why I don't bother with all the debates any more - God v atheist, RC v Prot, etc. They're all straw compared to the reality of Christ.
It is increasingly difficult for me. I think I need God to change me, since we are light to the world even when it is annoying. It's hard having an enjoyable conversation when people think you still need to be looking for your the keys you lost years ago when you already found them and used them hundreds of times already.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I found this verse in the Bible and it helped me very much.

1 Peter 4:8-10
8 Above all, love one another deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Show hospitality to one another without complaining. 10 As good stewards of the manifold grace of God, each of you should use whatever gift he has received to serve one another.

This means that love is way, way more important than your sin and the more love you show the more sin it covers. So don't worry as much about your sin, but seek to spend your time sharing God's love. Serving Him.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
MOD HAT

This thread has been moved from Christian Apologetics to Christian Advice as per the respective SOPs.

Posts have been removed as there is no debating allowed in Christian Advice, and talking about spiritual warfare is also not allowed on CF.

Christian Advice is a place to encourage and help others, not debate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CanadianGirl143

Dec 29, 2016
Canada
✟15,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Stay strong. God knows how you feel.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
please pray for me I feel he has forsaken me.

Your feelings are lying to you. God never forsakes His own. Never.

Hebrews 13:5
5 ... For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

no matter how hard I try I cant stop sinning but I hate sin so much

Hey, fantastic! You're nearly there! The answer to your problem with sin is laid out in detail in Scripture (Romans 6, 7 & 8). But the first step is to recognize that you can't ever stop sinning in your own strength. Like begets like. A cat produces another cat; a dog produces another dog; a weed produces another weed. You can only produce more of you. It is only God who can make you godly. It is only He who can make you the person He has called you to be. Are you ready to stop trying to do for God what only He can do and let Him by His Spirit transform you?

I wish I didnt have to live in the sin world I look around and feel sick seeing all the sin everywhere I just want to depart and be with christ,

The apostle Paul wanted to be with Christ, too. But I don't think it was because he wanted to escape the corruption of the world. He wanted to move on because he dearly wanted to be with the Saviour whom he loved. Paul wasn't in despair and wanting to exit this world as a result. How about you? It sounds above like you are simply unhappy and frustrated and want to leave, not that you love Christ so much you can hardly wait to be with him.

All that sin out there emanates from people who are lost and going to an eternal hell. Jesus died for the lost; he loved them with all he had. Shouldn't we who claim to love him love what he loved, too? But that love should move us out into the sinful world to bring his light to it, not seek to escape it.

I can't stop sinning

Yes, you can.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

If you are a born-again child of God, you have been freed from the power of sin. All that remains is to reckon it so. Do you know how to do that?

Romans 6:11-12
11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,054.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
please pray for me I feel he has forsaken me.

God never forsakes us, never. We can choose to leave him, but he never leaves us. As long as your hope is in him, I believe you are on the right path. Great is God's mercy!

Psalm 86:15 But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, Slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,054.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I believe in science when it comes to creation, does that make me less Christian? I think not. Science will always come up with many things, sometimes they got the right answer, sometimes not. They can never prove if God exist or not. The only thing that can prove Jesus death for our sins to you and to me is through his holy spirit. When you grow closer to God, you will know in your heart that the story of Jesus is true. That's all you need, to find peace. Keep on hoping in Gods mercy. Read a bible passage every day, go to sermons, pray, and let God do the rest. ;)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Stay away from debates started by atheists, they are not edifying. What you need to do is pray to be singleminded.

Matthew 6:22

Focus on scripture, on what God says not what other people argue about it. Open your bible and read...let the truth sink deep into your heart.

It seems you have been listening and parroting other peoples ideas that are not true.

Upvote 0