Bristol
✟16,362.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if this thread belongs to this section of the forum or not (but if a moderator consider it not please move it).

A couple of evenings ago I received a personal message on Instagram from a freelance Photographer/model, where I was wrongly accused of emailing this person an application to participate in an adult television show called "Naked Attraction" (a dating show).

This is the message I received (I will redact her name),

Hi [my name],

I recently received an email from Naked Attraction regarding the application “I” sent off.

As you can imagine I was very surprised when I saw this email as Naked Attraction is not my target audience. Alex from Channel 4 was very kind in providing information that lead to you being the creator of my application. I don’t know, nor do I want to know your motivation for such an act, but if you wanted to see me naked you had a much better chance of doing so if you had approached me as a grown up and a man.

All the best in your film career, it looks like you’ve had some success!

Best,
[Her name] x

I was shocked and confused. I attempted to respond but I didn't think my message reached her as she's blocked me from her Instagram account.

I then used her email address (which I got from her website) to clear myself. I was careful in how I formulate my email, with respectfulness in mind. I explained that I was not involved in the show in any way and that she's mistaken me for someone else. And I had requested her to forward me the email she received from the show (where she supposedly got my name from).

As of now she still hasn't responded and I'm still blocked from her Instagram account.

I've never seen this person before and I really don't know how my name is even affiliated with the television show. Everything about this was so bizarre and random.

What's ironic about this is that I don't condone adult content (including Naked Attraction). This alone upsets me.

I want to know if what I did was right. If not what should I have done differently to approach this?

Career wise, how damaging do you think this could make on me?

Even though I have already done what I did I still would like to know, encase something like this happens again.

Thanks.

PS. I doubt this person is a scammer or troll. From what I could tell by looking at her Instagram account (before being blocked) and website she's genuine. With over 2000 followers and, admittedly, an impressive portfolio of photographs.

Last edited:

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this thread belongs to this section of the forum or not (but if a moderator consider it not please move it).

A couple of evenings ago I received a personal message on Instagram from a freelance Photographer/model, where I was wrongly accused of emailing this person an application to participate in an adult television show called "Naked Attraction" (a dating show).

Hi [my name],

I recently received an email from Naked Attraction regarding the application “I” sent off.

As you can imagine I was very surprised when I saw this email as Naked Attraction is not my target audience. Alex from Channel 4 was very kind in providing information that lead to you being the creator of my application. I don’t know, nor do I want to know your motivation for such an act, but if you wanted to see me naked you had a much better chance of doing so if you had approached me as a grown up and a man.

Best,
[Her name] x

I was shocked and confused and have made an attempt to respond but I didn't think my message reached her as she's blocked me from seeing her Instagram account.

I then used her email address (which I found on her website) and sent her an email to clear myself. I was careful in how I formulate my email, with respectfulness in mind. I explained that I was not involved in the show in any way and that she's mistaken me for someone else. And I had requested her to forward me the email she received from the show (where she supposedly got my name from).

As of now she still hasn't responded and I'm still blocked from her Instagram account.

I've never seen this person before and I really don't know how my name was even associated with the television show. Everything about this was just so bizarre and random.

I want to know if what I did was right. If not what should I have done differently to approach this?

Even though I have already done what I did I still would like to know, encase something like this happens again.

Thanks.

PS. I doubt this person is a scammer or troll. From what I saw on her Instagram account (before being blocked) and website she's genuine. With over 2000 followers and, admittedly, an impressive portfolio of photographs.
There's a lot of identity theft (and/or identity deception) going on these days.

I would treat it as that. You can't be responsible for everything that goes out ... that gets your name attached to it.

If it ever comes up again, ... I would simply say that it was a case of ID deception, ... and had nothing at all to do with me.

I can't guarantee that people will accept and believe that ... but they should, ... and you will have dealt with the situation in the best way that you could ...

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
TOI,

Make a screenshot of the message and place it in a folder with a copy of the email you wrote in response. Don't reach out any further. It isn't necessary. Given the nature of the program, proving your innocence is simple. The person may share your name or used it for nefarious reasons. But you don't look identical. If the show goes forward the difference in appearance will be evident.

If it's a pressing concern you can hire scrubbers. They'll scour the Internet and look for harmful information and have it removed.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi [my name],

Best,
[Her name] x

I was shocked and confused. I attempted to respond but I didn't think my message reached her as she's blocked me from her Instagram account.

I then used her email address (which I got from her website) to clear myself. I was careful in how I formulate my email, with respectfulness in mind. I explained that I was not involved in the show in any way and that she's mistaken me for someone else. And I had requested her to forward me the email she received from the show (where she supposedly got my name from).

I've never seen this person before and I really don't know how my name is even affiliated with the television show. Everything about this was so bizarre and random.

What's ironic about this is that I don't condone adult content (including Naked Attraction). This alone upsets me.

Thanks.

PS. I doubt this person is a scammer or troll. From what I could tell by looking at her Instagram account (before being blocked) and website she's genuine. With over 2000 followers and, admittedly, an impressive portfolio of photographs.
She got your information concerning the content, the same way someone else got her information to contact you about the content.

Just like it was not you who contacted her about the site.....it was not her who contacted you. If you are 100% sure it was really her and no fraud.....than she has the right to be 100% certain that it was really you who created the app.

you see? it is a circle....it is best you dont respond to or give any second thoughts to situations like these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PS. I doubt this person is a scammer or troll.

It sounds like something of that nature but I as others have said, I would save what she/you sent and not continue to address it unless something else comes up.

Prayers! The internet can really bring on all kinds of stuff. And of course we know spammers work within emails, etc. I've even had emails with scams that had some really old passwords of mine -scary stuff!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi [my name],

Best,
[Her name] x

Thanks.

The email was a scam intended to get you to look at her website
like what you see, and subscribe. You did exactly what the scammer
intended you to do. You paid attention to a letter from an unknown source.
Also, traffic is a ranking factor all by itself. You you boosted the reputation
of the website just by visiting, as thousands of other likely have.

But don't feel bad. The letter was likely written by a well paid copywriter
and not an amature.

Upvote 0