Ive been praying about a situation for years and seems like every time I pray it gets worse.

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I have a close family member who is taking my pain meds away from me and I've prayed about it for years and it only gets worse. Why? Why? Why? Why is it that God doesn't stop this? It has caused me to stop going to church or almost anywhere and it's horrible. I never thought anyone would do this to me, let alone the closest one to me who I loved so much. I've prayed for over 5 years and I've got to where I'm scared to pray because I know when I do it will get worse. Can anyone explain this to me?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a close family member who is taking my pain meds away from me and I've prayed about it for years and it only gets worse. Why? Why? Why? Why is it that God doesn't stop this? It has caused me to stop going to church or almost anywhere and it's horrible. I never thought anyone would do this to me, let alone the closest one to me who I loved so much. I've prayed for over 5 years and I've got to where I'm scared to pray because I know when I do it will get worse. Can anyone explain this to me?

:heart: Bless yer heart, praying for you. Welcome to CF (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
:heart: Bless yer heart, praying for you. Welcome to CF (((hug)))
Thank you, I've had God answer prayers, bring deliverance, healing and He's always answered me or told me what to do but this has went on so long and I'm tired of praying and having it get worse. I'm at the point that I'm afraid to pray now and I'm suffering without my meds. I just can't understand why God is not helping me on this.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you, I've had God answer prayers, bring deliverance, healing and He's always answered me or told me what to do but this has went on so long and I'm tired of praying and having it get worse. I'm at the point that I'm afraid to pray now and I'm suffering without my meds. I just can't understand why God is not helping me on this.

:heart: I'm sooo sorry that you are suffering, dear heart. Praying that God intervenes in ways that only He can, and that He calms, reassures, and heals you. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: CtC
Upvote 0

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
:heart: I'm sooo sorry that you are suffering, dear heart. Praying that God intervenes in ways that only He can, and that He calms, reassures, and heals you. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))
Thank you and God bless you.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
sounds criminal. better tell someone in authority like a doctor.
I just can't do that and I know God could fix this in a blink of an eye. He said He's a very present help in trouble.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it preventing you from going to church? Could someone from church help you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just can't do that and I know God could fix this in a blink of an eye. He said He's a very present help in trouble.

Sometimes that help comes in the form of other people...

I pray your situation gets better

Upvote 0

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Why is it preventing you from going to church? Could someone from church help you?
Without my pain meds I can't even get ready to go out. I have degenerative disc disease, degenerative arthritis, copd and polycystic kidney disease and under active thyroid.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Can you contact someone from your church and tell them your situation and perhaps they can help you?
I don't know of anything they could do. Without my pain med I hurt so bad I can't hardly do anything even getting dressed is too hard.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I don't know of anything they could do. Without my pain med I hurt so bad I can't hardly do anything even getting dressed is too hard.
I know and believe God can fix this situation. He's never let me down and I just can't understand this.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Scared to pray

Outerspace
May 28, 2017
South
✟8,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Stealing your pain meds? Can you please give some more detail?
If they aren't stealing them what are they doing? Can you hide them from this person?

Sorry, just isn't real clear what is going on, but it doesn't sound good at all.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think our problem, the people reading of your problem, is that we don't know why this person is taking away your meds. Do they mean well, or not? If you don't want to get a doctor or church member involved, but just want this person to allow you to take these meds, then than is our prayer to our God for you, if He thinks this is what you need. You have not because you ask not, James 4:2 tells us, so Father we are asking in behalf of this one that she receives what she needs to relieve this pain in the proper way. Thank You for what You are going to do.

• Agree
Reactions: danstribe
Upvote 0