✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
you guys need to give her a break!!

people go through times when they question things.. and it's perfectly normal, and perfectly ok. for a while, i was agnostic, then wanted to be protestant, then wanted to be jewish, then catholic, then jewish, the protestant, then agnostic, then jewish, and now back to catholic. only now, i am 100% sure of staying in my faith! people will question their faith, and sometimes even be in denial.. but one day, they will finally realize what they truly want to be.. even if it takes 50 years. so Holly, please don't listen to some of their rude comments.
you are going through a time of questioning, and it's perfectly normal. i went through a time of questioning for years. it sucks, but like i said, one day you will finally realize what you want to be and stick to it :)

so hang in there, come here when you need to talk, PM me if you ever want to talk, and ignore the negative comments.

God bless,

Reactions: Ave Maria
Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
I plan on praying more, talking to my priest when I have doubts, and I plan on going to receive the Eucharist more often.

Well, in a week you have gone from being a Catholic to an Anglican for a few days and now you are claiming to be a fundy.

You have no idea how much you are depriving yourself instead of actually developing your own faith and cease playing these games. If you are serious about leaving the Church you have *JOINED* then at least schedule an appointment with a priest and explain why. Take his advice.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
The answer is very simple; because God doesn't want you there. Read and pray on 1 Corinthians 1:10. Do you see this command obeyed in the Episcopal Church (or any Protestant church, for that matter)?

very supportive...any answers are not not simple when when seeks advice in the name of discerning faith. But I shoudn't be surprised.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She has people that support her & I think she knows who they are.

God is infinitely patient.

Loving us.

We should take a cue from that.

She's not wandering from God.

She seems to be actively seeking Him in the best way she can at this point in her life.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stay strong with the Lord's One True Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, PeaceLover! Don't worry, I'll say a prayer for you!:crossrc:
I think she'll return in God's time.

After she's wandered the denominational desert for awhile. :)

Reactions: Protinus
Upvote 0

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
stray bullet said:
Well, in a week you have gone from being a Catholic to an Anglican for a few days and now you are claiming to be a fundy.

It is quite obvious to me that Holly suffers from a serious mental illness. I'm not saying this to be mean. There's nothing to be ashamed of mental illnesses. I myself tend to be depressed easily... and anxious on the sides. But whatever.

I tend to believe that Holly has multiple personalities. Just something I observed... (or else, I believe, she wouldn't be church hopping and changing her mind like this all the time)

I just feel for her. It must be so painful.

Hugs to Holly. :hug: All my prayers are with her as well. She is a child of God, just a suffering one.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
It is quite obvious to me that Holly suffers from a serious mental illness. I'm not saying this to be mean. There's nothing to be ashamed of mental illnesses. I myself tend to be depressed easily... and anxious on the sides. But whatever.

I tend to believe that Holly has multiple personalities. Just something I observed... (or else, I believe, she wouldn't be church hopping and changing her mind like this all the time)

Hugs to Holly. :hug: All my prayers are with her as well. She is a child of God, just a suffering one.
I believe that we can help her spiritual discernment here without talking about mental or physical issues/suffering

Upvote 0

Victrixa

Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Protinus said:
I believe that we can help her spiritual discernment here without talking about mental or physical issues/suffering

It's just that a mental illness seems to keep her from properly discerning the spiritual...

Like I said, I'm not mentioning this to be mean. My heart goes out to Holly and it must be really hard for her.

It's not worst to have a mental illness than having, say, a heart disease. Both are actually physical/biological diseases. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Holly needs all our support and love and prayers, that's for sure.

Just caring.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
It's just that a mental illness seems to keep her from properly discerning the spiritual...

Like I said, I'm not mentioning this to be mean. My heart goes out to Holly and it must be really hard for her.

It's not worst to have a mental illness than having, say, a heart disease. Both are actually physical/biological diseases. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Holly needs all our support and love and prayers, that's for sure.

Just caring.

Bless you Victrixia, I know you care and don't to convey anything mean. I KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP HER. Our culture manifests itself as being one of the "talking cure", the method that is needed for mental suffering through phramacologic treatments and therapy. All very important...

But if one asks for discernment, it is just my instinct to answer in the context of the question..."how can we help you know our Lord"?? She has every right to our attention and ministering in the context of her question though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hi Victrixa. I just wanted to let you know that I do not have multiple personalities. I have borderline personality disorder which is quite a bit different from multiple personality disorder. Basically with borderline personality disorder, my mood changes quite frequently and with the mood changes often come the church changes as well.

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He knows that you committed you life to Him and will keep you no matter where you roam. Our mind and thoughts are a major battle ground for the enemy. Remember to keep your focus on Christ and settle somewhere where you can receive ministry with a local body..He knows your struggles and also knows you are not alone in this.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He knows that you committed you life to Him and will keep you no matter where you roam. Our mind and thoughts are a major battle ground for the enemy. Remember to keep your focus on Christ and settle somewhere where you can receive ministry with a local body..He knows your struggles and also knows you are not alone in this.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thank you HisKid. :)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Holly,

:hug:

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Now be sure to take your meds and to take good care of your health! ;)

Ground yourself in the Catholic faith, my sweet sister. You have to know what to believe. :)

Shalom.
That's probably my main problem: taking my my meds. I don't take them hardly ever even though I know that I should. I need to start taking them regularly again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Victrixa

Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's probably my main problem: taking my my meds. I don't take them hardly ever even though I know that I should. I need to start taking them regularly again.

Holly, what the Lord wants from you right now is that you take your meds regularly as it should. He also wishes you to take care of your health. Do you eat properly?

Take care of yourself. Love yourself enough to take care of your health. You're really worth it! :hug:

Then things should fall into place as well (doctrinally or other). You need stability. You really do.

But I do understand what you're living in part.

Shalom. :wave:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Holly, what the Lord wants from you right now is that you take your meds regularly as it should. He also wishes you to take care of your health. Do you eat properly?

Take care of yourself. Love yourself enough to take care of your health. You're really worth it! :hug:

Then things should fall into place as well (doctrinally or other). You need stability. You really do.

But I do understand what you're living in part.

Shalom. :wave:
Thank you. I probably don't eat properly either. I need to take care of those things. As for whether I'll be Catholic or something else, I'm honestly not completely sure yet.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just to bring things back into perspective, I think that doubt and uncertainty are part of the human condition.

Even Jesus felt abandoned by God in his final moments: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Being a little bit contrarian, I even think that never having any doubts about anything is probably less "normal" than having occasional doubts.

You are far more normal than you may think. God bless you....

Upvote 0

hawko

Aug 29, 2006
✟9,246.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
True, there is one mediator between God and man, but this doesn't mean that the saints in heaven don't pray for us. Let me explain it to you this way: If you and me were best friends and you asked me to pray for you, I wouldn't hesitate to do so, and would pray for you and your intentions fervently. Now let us suppose that I died and went to heaven. Do you think that I would forget about you and not pray for you anymore ? Certaintly Not ! I would continue to pray for you just as I had done when I was alive . This is what the saints do for us. Sometimes we can ask the saints to pray for us, and sometimes they will pray for us without us asking them to do it. (This is something that the Lord has given me an understanding of in my private prayer time with Him).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.