Tulsa
✟15,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So it all started when I woke up one day and had a gut feeling I was going to hell. And I thought God condemned me and there was nothing I can do about it. So within A three week period I lost almost all my faith and so on and so fourth. I even thought God was telling me Jesus wasn't messiah and a bunch of other stuff. I eventually let you go of those lies but since then my faith has been shattered, I get weaker everyday and It becomes harder to pray and read the bible. I doubt so much and flicker from unbelief to belief so much I don't think I'm even saved, I have barely any hope left. It's became so hard to believe in Jesus because of the doubts. I have very little will to live sometimes because why even try If i'm just gonna fall away from God. I've tried so hard and prayed so much for almost a year now.. I remember posting on these forums a year ago and seeing your guys's responses.. It helped but now I feel like it was all in vain.

Last edited:

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unbelief.

Your voice turned me utterly insane,
believing your suggestions
thinking there is no God.
For you betrayed my Good Life,
pushing me into that bottomless pit,
into fiery Hell for years on end.

Flying right through my reality,
your miserable voice dividing
myself against myself,
your taunts attacking faithful self,
hopelessness cutting me up,
your lies barring access to true Life!

No faith feeding my starving soul,
instead doubt, confusion and terror,
false evidence locking my hopes away,
devoid from true self or any good thing,
torturing me in those dark dungeons,
you only ever set out to murder me!

My dear brother as you said it started when you agreed with your gut feeling and not with Scripture any more. Scripture says that all who place their faith in Jesus will be saved. When you did all was fine, when you stopped doing it it got from bad to worse.

The only thing you need to do is call on the name of the Lord and ask Him to give you faith to believe in Him. When i did that i managed to have faith for just 10-20 seconds but cultivating it by have lots of short moments of faith in which i grew to having faith 24/7.

It might take awhile before you dare to have faith and learn to ignore your gut feeling about this. By the way your gut feelings are in the hands of the lie and do not speak true to you on this account, possible more. The best way to find truth is by the fruit it bears. Faith in Jesus bears good fruits of love, kindness, gentleness, joy, thankfulness, long suffering and self control. Exercise those in your life as much as you can. Do more you heed such good life the more it will be present in you. Doubt and unbelief harvest you misery and fear. That is because such does not come from God when it is in the lie but from the devil. Doubting lies and not believing them is how they should be used not doubting the Truth of God's love for you that only brings misery.

i hope you will learn to heed Scripture instead of lies that hurt and kill you in your good life.

Peace.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went through the same issues many years ago and fled Christianity for 10 years.

Even at the time, I knew my problems were unrepentant sins that i was clinging to with relish and vigor. Jesus hadn't left me, I had left Him. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not claiming you have this problem, I'm just expressing how this happened to me. :oldthumbsup:

I had to live life on my own terms until I arrived at a place of repentance from my sins of rebellion - amongst many other obvious sins. I shudder when I think about my past behavior. God's mercy has led me to a deeper repentance by enabling me to shed these sins I clung to so closely, and to move forward in His peace and truth. I regret it took so many years though.

Pray for wisdom and understanding and don't allow the prince of this earth to distract you from your task.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So it all started when I woke up one day and had a gut feeling I was going to hell. And I thought God condemned me and there was nothing I can do about it. So within A three week period I lost almost all my faith and so on and so fourth. I even thought God was telling me Jesus wasn't messiah and a bunch of other stuff. I eventually let you go of those lies but since then my faith has been shattered, I get weaker everyday and It becomes harder to pray and read the bible. I doubt so much and flicker from unbelief to belief so much I don't think I'm even saved, I have barely any hope left. It's became so hard to believe in Jesus because of the doubts. I have very little will to live sometimes because why even try If i'm just gonna fall away from God. I've tried so hard and prayed so much for almost a year now.. I remember posting on these forums a year ago and seeing your guys's responses.. It helped but now I feel like it was all in vain.
You need to get back to basics. I'd suggest John's gospel to start with. By the way, you can't be unsaved. Either you are spiritually alive or dead. You may lose the experience of being saved, but the life Lord Jesus gives us is eternal. His life is indestructible. To make sure, I suggest that you read the following link. It will encourage you.

Are you absolutely sure you are born again? - Christian Life Frankston

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

a-lily-of-peace

Apr 21, 2020
Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dylan,

I don’t know your situation and I can’t tell you if you’re saved, but I will ask, have you been born again?

Take a look at John 3:3-8, and Romans 6:3-10. The things that stand out to me are that you’re wondering if you’re saved or if you’re going to hell, and that you feel like you’re losing the will to live.

There’s a transformation of thought, I believe, in changing what you’ve been saved from into what you’ve been saved for. Matthew 12:43-45 might be relevant to you. If you’re saved from darkness, but not reborn into the Kingdom, you might just have a clean swept house.

But even so, the apostles wrote about challenges to face and struggles to overcome, and it was their faith in the risen Christ and the world to come which kept them going. Nobody will tell you there are no trials in this world. Only cry out to God and ask him to comfort you, to lift the burden, lift the pain, and give you his peace.

One step at a time the Spirit reveals, teaching us how to pray and guiding us along the Way.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
doubt so much
woke up one day and had a gut feeling I was going to hell.

Basically can you say why you have not looked at the facts of Christianity and say why you think a ' but feeling ' is more important than facts?

You have doubts, what doubts, what have you done to find answers to your questions and doubts?

If you have doubts that no one has ever been able to answer pleas post them.
First port of call is always your minister. You have spoken to him or are in an email txt etc conversation.
Next port of call a knowledgeable Christian friend at your church.

You do attend the same church each and every Sunday don't you?

Next port a basic beginner web site.
Coldcasechristianity? Start reading, listening to his web site.
More challenging answersingenesis or creation.com don't laugh only Bible haters laugh at them, they stand by the authority and accuracy of scripture. You will have to search for articles on the Bible and Christianity.
Getting in need of meat ok wintery knight. Look at the article on stephen Meyer, right at the bottom is a list of links to articles about the intellectual bases for Christianity.
Want tougher try reasonable faith.

The Christian has no logical reason to doubt, oh lots of silly emotional, feely, reasons that if one does not know the truth will let you stumble away, but never for a reason.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Dylan,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 275279

95a28b8a764646932b8573ada00fa14e.gif

Upvote 0

SirHash

Jan 28, 2019
Pearland
✟24,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Dylan, I won't put any other scriptual angles out there. There's plenty of good stuff on this thread already. But I will encourage you to try 2 things. 1. Check in with your pastor or an elder in your church; challenge him with some of your sticking points. 1a. Join a small group with whom you can study more. 2. Check out the works CS Lewis--The Narnia books, Mere Christianity, etc. God speed bro.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums