Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can relate, OP. I don’t have an official stance either way, but I have become more accepting of paedobaptism as a logical conclusion of the normative principle of worship, and Scripture does not forbid baptizing infants. I also have no issue with recognizing infant baptisms as valid as long as those who were baptized as infants go through confirmation (make a public profession of faith and acknowledge their baptism as valid.)

If I end up leaving the Baptists over this, I’m going to be denominationally homeless.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I can relate, OP. I don’t have an official stance either way, but I have become more accepting of paedobaptism as a logical conclusion of the normative principle of worship, and Scripture does not forbid baptizing infants. I also have no issue with recognizing infant baptisms as valid as long as those who were baptized as infants go through confirmation (make a public profession of faith and acknowledge their baptism as valid.)

If I end up leaving the Baptists over this, I’m going to be denominationally homeless.
Have you read any of the responses on this thread by us who hold to Baptist Covenant Theology?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The man in question definitely sounds confused about his salvation, and it is sad that he puts his trust in his baptism for salvation.

However I can confidently say that such a view is not the (reformed, covenantal) view of pedobaptism that I am leaning towards.

Blessings!
I agree in the difference between the two theologies.
Some Cathloics I have spoken to are searching beyond the ceremony, and looking for the Spiritual nature of God.
This thread is dated I believe.
It seems the Pope is embracing Islam more than ever before.
Or it could be media hype.
Someone seems to be attacking their favorite religion to kick all the time it seems.

Upvote 0