Ivanka Trump at Japanese Prime Minister Meeting Was 'Out of a Tin Pot Oligarchy'

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd be interested in any proof where any of Trumps children have attended meetings that required a security clearance

There is a picture in the OP. Typically I would think a private bilateral meeting of 2 nation heads would warrant such a clearance.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The daughter happens to be in charge of Trumps business. She is not just a random daughter in sense of being a mere family member. In other words, he took a person representing his business with him.

A leader is supposed to make deals for your country, not for his own business. Having a business interest while representing a country, is called having "conflict of interest" and it often leads to things called "corruption" or "abuse of power".

So, a person who believes that corruption and abuse of power are bad things, should care.

Click the picture in the tweet to read the story. Also he made about 7 other points in tweets also linking the article, just click the top part of the tweet and scroll down....

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enough of Ivanka..yak... it's all ya all hear about...
I may have voted for him but that doesn't mean I agree on every single thing he says, does, etc...

"Just please remember me Dad"

~~~ Tiffany

Tiffie_1.JPG

"Diamonds are so shiny
Special things I got on me

You know what you say
Baby, baby don't you go
Everybody's partying
Obessin' over crazy things
I just want serenity
While living it up
Feel like I spot a bug crawlin' through the liquid love
You kill and you tweeted me, baby you go beep-beep-beep

Everybody's partying
Obessin' over crazy things
I just want serenity
While living it up

Fly like a bird
She's on the verge
Of flying away
So I gather my nerves
Try to sing the right words
Maybe we can live yesterday, today (so far away)
Everybody's partying
Got a feeling fiending for finer things
Designer jeans behind the scenes
Kinda like that drama that Madonna brings
Plan my escape in the drop top Cobra
No spoiler, we living it up
Shine like aluminum foil in the club
The moon and the stars ain't got nothin' on us...

Like a bird, like a bird, like a bird, like a bird
(We flied away)
(See those sunny days)
(So how can I?)
(Did you escape me)
(High, high)
(I wanna fly away with you)
(Take me away)

Fly
(Fly away)
Fly, fly
(So far away)
Fly, fly..."

Hey man, I don't even like that style of music but I like that song, just like I like Aaliyahs "One in a Million" though I did not like her style... just kind of gets ethereal when, you are with the one you truly love, you know..?

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Click the picture in the tweet to read the story. Also he made about 7 other points in tweets also linking the article, just click the top part of the tweet and scroll down....

I did read and I got the impression that he's not breaking any rules until he has sworn in. Is that correct?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Recent news indicates that Trump will make his primary residence where he presently lives in Trump Tower, NY City. This will cause a serious security nightmare for NY police over and above that of the secret service. In a radio interview it was estimated that police security would be the equivalent of an entire new precinct at a cost of about $100 million/year. Trump runs his business empire out of that building so the possibilities for nepotism and conflict of interest are enormous. Just one of these is that he would be billing the US government for space in his own building. The same is true of the fact that he considers Air Force One to be antiquated and shabby and wishes to use his own jet.

Hang on folks, this is going to be a wild ride unless congress can keep His Majesty under control.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that was my impression also.

It's good to know that if I'm wrong, I won't go down alone ;)

Recent news indicates that Trump will make his primary residence where he presently lives in Trump Tower, NY City. This will cause a serious security nightmare for NY police over and above that of the secret service. In a radio interview it was estimated that police security would be the equivalent of an entire new precinct at a cost of about $100 million/year. Trump runs his business empire out of that building so the possibilities for nepotism and conflict of interest are enormous. Just one of these is that he would be billing the US government for space in his own building. The same is true of the fact that he considers Air Force One to be antiquated and shabby and wishes to use his own jet.

Hang on folks, this is going to be a wild ride unless congress can keep His Majesty under control.

I actually appreciate the aesthetic side of this, the bad guy living in a black tower, a bit like Sauron.

*ahum* Sorry. I am starting to lose my ability to take this farce seriously...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There is a picture in the OP. Typically I would think a private bilateral meeting of 2 nation heads would warrant such a clearance.

1. Trump, at this point is still a private citizen, not the president of the united States.
2. Even the Japanese Prime Minister said it was an informal meeting to get to know
each other.
3. Ivanka doesn't hold an official position (that would be illegal), but she is a member
of his transition team. (That is perfectly legal).
4. There were other members of his transaction team present in the meeting also.

This is just yet another knee jerk reaction of the press trying to cook up something bad about Trump.

It has't worked in the last 16 months, and still will not work. But the next eight years will be a game changer for them. People are already waking up to how corrupt they have become.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1. Trump, at this point is still a private citizen, not the president of the united States.
2. Even the Japanese Prime Minister said it was an informal meeting to get to know
each other.
3. Ivanka doesn't hold an official position (that would be illegal), but she is a member
of his transition team. (That is perfectly legal).
4. There were other members of his transaction team present in the meeting also.

This is just yet another knee jerk reaction of the press trying to cook up something bad about Trump.

It has't worked in the last 16 months, and still will not work. But the next eight years will be a game changer for them. People are already waking up to how corrupt they have become.
He's the president elect, he's no longer a private citizen. Ivanka runs his companies, there is a massive conflict of interest. Other members of his transition team may have clearance, other's may not. Again, they are not running his businesses.

It sets a poor precedent and just shows Trump skirting the edge of the rules again.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Recent news indicates - when was the last time recent news was right?

Now cometh reality:

Most Presidents use their private homes as retreats from the hustles of running the Government. George Bush had his ranch, John Kennedy had Kennebunkport etc. etc. Not one of them was criticized for the added security needed, along with the increase in traffic.

It would be a physical impossibility to run this Government from outside the White House. Do threaders have any clue to the amount of technology, informations centers, physical security measures and the offices that all aid in the Presidency.

The two 747 wide body planes that are Air Force One are rolling fortresses and command centers. There is no other plane more advanced. I'm quite sure Mr. Trump is aware of it.

Finally, there is no credible proof of any of this stuff.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Recent news indicates - when was the last time recent news was right?

Now cometh reality:

Most Presidents use their private homes as retreats from the hustles of running the Government. George Bush had his ranch, John Kennedy had Kennebunkport etc. etc. Not one of them was criticized for the added security needed, along with the increase in traffic.

It would be a physical impossibility to run this Government from outside the White House. Do threaders have any clue to the amount of technology, informations centers, physical security measures and the offices that all aid in the Presidency.

The two 747 wide body planes that are Air Force One are rolling fortresses and command centers. There is no other plane more advanced. I'm quite sure Mr. Trump is aware of it.

Finally, there is no credible proof of any of this stuff.
None of them lived smack in the center of NYC. A ranch in texas is a lot easier to defend than a main artery of the biggest US city.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's the president elect, he's no longer a private citizen.

And of course you will cite your source for this - thank you

Ivanka runs his companies,
there is a massive conflict of interest. Other members of his transition team may have clearance, other's may not. Again, they are not running his businesses.

It sets a poor precedent and just shows Trump skirting the edge of the rules again.

And of course you will cite your source for this information also - thank you

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
None of them lived smack in the center of NYC. A ranch in texas is a lot easier to defend than a main artery of the biggest US city.

And how does that change anything? Are you saying Presidents can use their private residences as long as they located in specific area's?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's good to know that if I'm wrong, I won't go down alone ;)

I actually appreciate the aesthetic side of this, the bad guy living in a black tower, a bit like Sauron.

*ahum* Sorry. I am starting to lose my ability to take this farce seriously...

I was actually half waiting for someone to make a biblical reference to his towers. After 9/11 when the twin towers fell, there were all sort of think pieces and pseudo-prophecies over the twin towers and the United States being doomed. Then I find out that Trump has two towers side by side in Istanbul. No think pieces yet tho....

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And how does that change anything? Are you saying Presidents can use their private residences as long as they located in specific area's?
No, he can certainly do it, I was just explaining why his using Trump tower presents an unusually difficult situation.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The event for the diplomatic community, held one week after the election, was in the Lincoln Library, a junior ballroom with 16-foot ceilings and velvet drapes that is also available for rent.

Some attendees won raffle prizes — among them overnight stays at other Trump properties around the world — allowing them to become better acquainted with the business holdings of the new commander in chief.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...8-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Upvote 0