Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
As a mod, I see a lot of behind the scenes stuff, and I see no evidence of such a coalition, or of a desire to force anyone out. To the contrary, I think there's a desire to make it possible for as wide a range as possible of Christians to feel welcome and to contribute. (That doesn't mean we always get it right, just that that's what I see the intent as).

It is possible that we liturgical folks tend to dominate some conversations; and if I've contributed to an environment where others feel unwelcome to post in that way, I'm sorry, because it was never my intent.

I'm not sure how that relates to Cimorene's experience - or lack thereof - of inequality, though.

I'm so confused about all this, bc Idk if she was saying I was doing something wrong or not. Idk how I was if I was. Idk what it means to be liturgical.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm so confused about all this, bc Idk if she was saying I was doing something wrong or not. Idk how I was if I was. Idk what it means to be liturgical.
You didn't do anything wrong! I'm really glad you haven't seen inequality IRL. I hope it stays that way for you! :hug:

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You didn't do anything wrong! I'm really glad you haven't seen inequality IRL. I hope it stays that way for you! :hug:

Wouldn't that be great? If the generation going out into the world now got to mid-life and said "we never saw that inequality thatwas described on CF!!"

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So it's International Women's Day... and I'm not sure what I think about that.

On the one hand, all sorts of organisations and groups are doing interesting and creative things to benefit women. On the other hand, a lot of it seems ineffective or gimicky, while big issues continue to be unaddressed.

Last year I was invited onto a radio programme to discuss women and the Bible, but this year it seems to have passed me by.

How could we use this more effectively?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
forget-princess-i-want-to-be-an-astrophysicist.jpg

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In Canada the gender balance in our law schools and medical schools is now about even with a few schools having a majority of females. The federal cabinet is now balanced as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think about the little things a lot. I had a friend that I adored. We would sit outside the art gallery and draw and not really say much but we were very close. I think when Im dieing I wont be thinking of the degree i got or the house I bought. It will be really little things like my child smiling or sitting in silence with my friend, or my mum n dad doing the massive small things they do.... for me. The small things are everything

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The small things are everything
I believe it was St Francis of Assisi that said "To be faithful in small things IS a big thing."

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think about the little things a lot. I had a friend that I adored. We would sit outside the art gallery and draw and not really say much but we were very close. I think when Im dieing I wont be thinking of the degree i got or the house I bought. It will be really little things like my child smiling or sitting in silence with my friend, or my mum n dad doing the massive small things they do.... for me. The small things are everything

Indeed, it's the little things that daily make the difference for us, sometimes it can mean life or death for someone to even care for one moment, at least it can be this way for me.

My new goal, zoii, is to lift up 1-2 people every day by sending them some kind of kindness or uplifting message.

The reason is that not only does it have the potential to help them, but I discovered it makes me actually happy!

I hope you like the video I posted on your profile.

Maybe the world will change its heart.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Indeed, it's the little things that daily make the difference for us, sometimes it can mean life or death for someone to even care for one moment, at least it can be this way for me.

My new goal, zoii, is to lift up 1-2 people every day by sending them some kind of kindness or uplifting message.

The reason is that not only does it have the potential to help them, but I discovered it makes me actually happy!

I hope you like the video I posted on your profile.

Maybe the world will change its heart.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You didn't offend me. I'm just tired of explaining myself. I think that I made myself clear as to the problem as I see it but we are at an impass in understanding.
If you would like to talk with one of the CF Chaplains we'd love to try and help. The link is below my signature. God bless everyone.

Upvote 0