Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What's your favorite song or songs to play for Christmas on your worship team? Performance track, hymn, it doesn't matter. Are you looking forward to this year's program (if you do one)? General Christmas music/play discussion ensue!

Our Christmas Program playwright is doing a play about a homeless child who finds a family that adopts her for Christmas. It's supposed to be a tearjerker. She tasked me with finding the music for it. So far, I've got Casting Crowns: Somewhere in Your Silent Night. All of the other songs she's asked me to do weren't accepted. *le sigh* Still searching because we need to be practicing this stuff now!

Anyway, I think Matt Redman's: How Far, is...by far my favorite Christmas song ever. The words are Sooooo powerful. It's the complete story of Christ. Find it on youtube and give it a listen. I sang it last year for a solo. This year, I can't quite find anything it's equal to perform.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We do not celebrate Christmas as such in Messianic congregations but we do celebrate Chanukkah (about the same time). This one is always a favorite:

• Informative
Reactions: HouseCat71
Upvote 0