Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm giving you 4 more minutes to respond before I tell you, just kidding, your hybrid turtle dog thing is cute and I'm just risking being offensive because I'm a turd.
I was wondering what that smell was! ;)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I didn't read all of the article, but this is something I've thought a lot of last times. I've met people both young and old who get's easily offended. A lot of people wants honesty, yet they cannot always handle the truth. No matter whether you tell something with good intentions in mind, a lot of people tend to want to take it in the wrong way.

It seemes as we've entered a time in which a lot of people have become more self-centered as well as very controlled by their feelings. Of course this isn't something new to us because everything we experience these days have also been experienced in the past, though in other times there have also been less focus on being too dependant on much feelings. For example in the 19th century it can seem as they were more focused on wanting to be polite and well-mannered, there were also rude and bad behaved people during these times too, but the standard morals were different and perhaps more sophisticated than how it is today(?).

I value honesty a lot, and I'd rather tell the truth than to tell a lie. Still, in my opinion it also has a lot with how it is told. You can be honest whilst being sensitive towards the other person, honesty doesn't always have to be brutal. It will depend from situation to situation; But how words are said, which tone it is used at that time, plays a big role many times. One should speak in a way which is edifying to the other one, as well as being aware of what type of confrontation the other one can handle receiving.

Also; Even when we do confront others with Christ's love in mind, there will still be times where they choose getting offended by your words. This can make one feel a bit confused, but we shouldn't let it take too much root in us. We cannot make other people view it the way we meant it when confronting them, if they still feel offended when you share it with a loving attitude towards them, then it is more that they are blinded from receiving the truth. We mostly do our part, pray for them, and let God do the rest.

Upvote 0