Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Durelen said:
I don’t think you understood the context of my statement. I was saying that alcohol is not like LSD or what ever. I see no evil with alcohol but of course it can be abused like any other substance.

I think you are mixing this up with guns. I've never heard drugs used in this statement.
You see no evil with alcohol? How can you say that?
Alcohol is a dangerous drug... and yes it is a drug.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Annabel Lee said:
You see no evil with alcohol? How can you say that?
Alcohol is a dangerous drug... and yes it is a drug.
Amen, Annabel - if anything, it's worse - more available and more abused. There is no reason to drink at all, if not to feel the effects of the alcohol.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes I’ll stand behind the first miracle of Jesus during his ministry and say that alcohol or the use of it is not evil. Yes I’ve heard the arguments saying, “well it was just grape juice” but it was considered the best wine of the party. The abuse of alcohol is wrong of course. So go ahead and voice your opinion and disgust concerning my comments. Sorry I’m not so PC and all that but that’s just how it is.

Anyway my argument has nothing to do with the fact that there is an effect with alcohol but that the effect is completely unassociated with the same effects as mind expanding drugs. These drugs are not new at all and have been used for centuries as part of Magical practices and ceremonies due to the connection to the spirit realm by the administering of these drugs into human beings. In fact even today people use drugs in attempt to reach a higher plain of existence unassociated with the physical world around them. In doing so they open themselves up to demonic influences either directly or indirectly to do the users biding yet ultimately they are buying into a lie that the Devil has manufactured “you can become as God”. Even as used in some form of “recreational” use these drugs still have the full potential of opening up the user to all sorts of demonic attacks.

Pharmaceutical drugs are basically only used as a medicinal form of relief of pain among other medical applications. The only reason some of these drugs are illegal with out a prescription is due to severe side effects and addictive natures of certain drugs. They need to be used under the supervision of a doctor not only to be properly effective but administered in a safe and appropriate manner.

Well I’m not interested in a prohibition debate here in this thread nor at this time so this concludes my comments concerning the situation surrounding Rush.

...and no I don't drink...

Upvote 0

admtaylor

Aug 9, 2003
Overland Park, Kansas
Visit site
✟1,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lillithspeak said:
It always amazes me how someone who has vilified everyone else he could think of in order to make himself a millionaire, now pleads for merciful understanding when he not only turned himself into a junkie, but bought illegal drugs and became a criminal. (And all these white collar guys always plead that it was because of back pain and pinched nerves, blah, blah blah.Let him show evidence he was given those drugs for that problem.) Of course, that's just one feminazi's opinion. I hope the creep is charged with everything the can think of and give him some serious time in prison. :clap:

Lillith
FEMINAZI!;)

Whether he ridiculed others or not praying for him wouldn't be a bad thing. Often when people stand strongly on a subject, such as Rush and drugs, they're doing it because a)they've had the problem before and want to help others with it. b) have the problem now and are overcompensating for that. Either way the man is human and we all sin. Give him a break. It's called compassion.

Upvote 0

admtaylor

Aug 9, 2003
Overland Park, Kansas
Visit site
✟1,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
newlamb said:
Amen, Annabel - if anything, it's worse - more available and more abused. There is no reason to drink at all, if not to feel the effects of the alcohol.
I would have to argue with you there newlamb. I truly love the taste of a good lager or microbrew. And notice I said a, I can buy a six pack of my favorite wheat beer and have it around for months. Drinking one every once and awhile. Also bear can help digestive problems, which it also does for me on occassion. I won't go any farther with that aspect. ^_^

Upvote 0

aragorn

Y ah we here fallen
Sep 18, 2003
✟563.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Others
Sorcery is actually the conjuring of evil spirits. This is wrong, because the spirits are evil.
I don't accept your blanket equation of mind-expanding drugs with sorcery. Why do you call it sorcery at all? Presumably because you think there is some spiritual element to it. And if there were, then whether it was sorcery would depend on whether the spirits the person was involved with were evil or good.

But really if you haven't tried any mind-expanding drugs, then you're not really in a position to comment on them, any more than a non-christian is able to comment on the validity of the experience of the holy spirit.

You didn't reply to the rest of my post, for some reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What I find interesting about this whole thing is that so many people are acting like Rush is some kind of religous talk show host who just got caught with his pants down. Rush isn't someone who's ideas are now proven wrong because of this thing and he has never said he was without sin.
LOL, I see liberals acting like they're in glee because they think they have finally won an arguement with him because of this but this whole thing doesn't prove anything. Yeah he made fun of Ted Kenedy's drinking but who hasn't? Maybe those liberals who want to sweep it under the rug and never want it mentioned haven't.....It's called lampooning for God's sake!!!

The trouble is that liberals who have ever listened to Rush never understood his sense of humor.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ThePhoenix said:
5 years? Lets go for texas justice, and give him 99. That's the max for smoking pot, and what he was taking was as bad as pot.
From what I've heard people who are convicted of what Rush might be charged with rarely ever see jail time at all and if it's their first offense they never see jail time. To be fair I say 0 jail time, 5 years probation with a hefty fine.

Upvote 0

Firscherscherling

Liberal Filthy Hairless Pig-Monkey
Apr 9, 2003
✟3,271.00
Faith
Atheist
As someone who has traveled a lot (traveling I Texas means lots of hours on the highway) I have listened to him plenty. My personal opinion of him is that he is 99% marketing schtik and 1% substance. Kind of like boy bands, televangelists and Jack-in-the-Box. As with these things, what cracks me up is that people take what he says at face value. My favorites are his anti-environmental schpeels like, “America earth has more trees today than at the time of colonization.” Uh, yes, but what kind of trees and what kind of forests…

I say lets do what Pat Robertson would do in this situation. Pray that Rush gets hooked on even worse drugs and can’t come back.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
nephilimiyr said:
From what I've heard people who are convicted of what Rush might be charged with rarely ever see jail time at all and if it's their first offense they never see jail time. To be fair I say 0 jail time, 5 years probation with a hefty fine.

But from what I understand, one of Rush's many positions is they SHOULD see jail time regardless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, it probably takes far more than the prescribed dosages to get ya hooked on dope, meaning he had to have gotten the excess amount from somewhere other than the legally ok channels. So, yeah, it's an educated guess. Of course, it could totally be wrong.

Nevertheless, the investigation should ferret this out - in which case, i say he should be hanged with the ample rope he's so graciously provided.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll support whatever legal action is taken if it is proven that he was involved in illegal activities. However, this has yet to be proven.

There are people here who, due to their own dislike for the man, are very quick to assume that he is guilty. This is not the way our system of justice works.

(Yes, I would say the same thing if it was somebody else.)

Upvote 0