Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The title of your thread is untrue and therefore disinformation. The term hoax means an intended deception.
I have more problems with the opening, "it's official".
In context, that implies finality to me. Something that is still being looked into is not final. jmho, ymmv

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have more problems with the opening, "it's official".
That implies finality to me. Something that is still being looked into is not final. jmho, ymmv
The term hoax is the more egregious in my view. If it were official, then the official investigation would have found proof that the intelligence community invented a story to deceive it's own government.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Friendly reminder:

The last threat that Donald dismissed as a "hoax" has killed 130,000 Americans...

...so far.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Friendly reminder:

The last threat that Donald dismissed as a "hoax" has killed 130,000 Americans...

...so far.
"Hoax" is the Donald's trigger-word to his people to turn off your mind on an issue. It works.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The term hoax is the more egregious in my view. If it were official, then the official investigation would have found proof that the intelligence community invented a story to deceive it's own government.
Agree.
However, if the "it's official" were dropped from the title, then there's room for the sentence to be mere opinion. To say it is "official" is unproven at this point, thus making the thread title untrue. Again, just my opinion. Either way the OP is misleading at best.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Hoax" is the Donald's trigger-word to his people to turn off your mind on an issue. It works.
But hoax implies an intent to deceive. This manifests hatred due to a betrayal of trust.

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree.
However, if the "it's official" were dropped from the title, then there's room for the sentence to be mere opinion. To say it is "official" is unproven at this point, thus making the thread title untrue. Again, just my opinion. Either way the OP is misleading at best.
In my opinion, your opinion is not even an opinion.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's the rub - the Pentagon's statement was not the White House position. The White House had neither confirmed nor denied that Russia had put bounties on US troops. The White House press secretary merely said that there was "no consensus" among US intelligence as to whether the reports were true. That's why this firm denial on part of the Pentagon, I think, settles the issue. There is no reason for the Pentagon to make such an unequivocal statement unless they were telling the truth. As far as anybody of us can tell, they are. None of the evidence cited to support this hatchet job against Russia would be admissible in any court of law. Anonymous testimony is not evidence. Hearsay testimony is not evidence.
Your support of Mother Russia is admirable. BTW, hearsay is admissible depending on the context.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
And some people still watch those channels?
Amazing!
Step out of the dark box and switch to Fox.
M
Guess which network just canned an anchor for sexual misconduct.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Did you ever think America would be taken over by communists - using the same people who are deathly afraid of communism?

It's crazy how just 10 years ago "everyone" knew presidents were hand-picked by the powers that be. Now those same powers that be have somehow missed Trump, allowed him in office, and are having a hard time getting him out because he is doing so much good?

Did these same people forget presidents have been assassinated, and had attempts on their lives, for speaking against "the powers that be", as it were? The "powers that be" are alleged to topple entire nations to get a law passed; why is Trump all of a sudden not part of the same PTB agenda?

It's hard to keep up with what paradigm is being used to swindle which people...

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But hoax implies an intent to deceive. This manifests hatred due to a betrayal of trust.

Well, anyone who doubts the Word of Donald is clearly manifesting hatred due to a betrayal of trust.

Remember, only through unquestioning obedience can America be made great again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, anyone who doubts the Word of Donald is clearly manifesting hatred due to a betrayal of trust.

Half of America "tolerated" brown man in office for 8 years (being half black, half [possibly] Jewish-Muslim made certain Americans double/triple crazy); they are willing to take anything but that again - a return to the "natural" American presidency will keep Trump in office.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
keeping in mind your use of sarcasm, I must respond that it's an unfair reversing of the semantics. It's Trump who is recklessly throwing around the term hoax and manifesting hatred against the intelligence agencies and news sites and Democrats and anything or person perceived as anti-Trump.

Trump might as well say America is great or not great only because he says so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Did you ever think America would be taken over by communists - using the same people who are deathly afraid of communism?

It's crazy how just 10 years ago "everyone" knew presidents were hand-picked by the powers that be. Now those same powers that be have somehow missed Trump, allowed him in office, and are having a hard time getting him out because he is doing so much good?

Did these same people forget presidents have been assassinated, and had attempts on their lives, for speaking against "the powers that be", as it were? The "powers that be" are alleged to topple entire nations to get a law passed; why is Trump all of a sudden not part of the same PTB agenda?

It's hard to keep up with what paradigm is being used to swindle which people...
The neat thing about fiction is you can write it to suit any personal bias.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
keeping in mind your use of sarcasm, I must respond that it's an unfair reversing of the semantics. It's Trump who is recklessly throwing around the term hoax and manifesting hatred against the intelligence agencies and news sites and Democrats and anything or person perceived as anti-Trump.

Reckless? Only to America's enemies.

If Donald says "hoax," then a hoax it is.
If Donald says the sun rises in the South and sets in the North, every astronomer in the world just became part of the Deep State conspiracy.

Trump might as well say America is great or not great only because he says so.

Now you're getting it! :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, he can read.

And isn't that the bar to becoming President? "Can you read?" "Well, sorta kinda..."

(To be quite honest some words Trump uses in his Tweets make me wonder if he is asking someone else to tweet for him, because when he speaks he often uses much simpler words. And when he speaks the syntax is often amazingly tortured. So maybe when he sits down on the golden throne with the twitter machine he focuses and his mental acuity increases so he can effectively and efficiently blast racism all over the internet.)

Upvote 0