Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
While we know that today is Easter and that Christ has risen! But also today, is the Game Boy's 30th birthday. Exactly 30 years ago today (that is on April 21, 1989), the Game Boy was released in Japan with its launch title, "Super Mario Land."
https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/17/18311479/nintendo-game-boy-30th-anniversary-switch-gaming
I got a Game Boy Color for Christmas when I was 5, but I lost it on a cruise ship. But a few years later, when I was 8, my brother and I each got a Game Boy Advance SP for Christmas. We played with them until my brother and I, each, got the PSP. However, a few months ago, I found my brother's GBA SP in a bottom drawer along with "Zelda:The Minish Cap" and "Pokemon Gold" in a zipper pouch. My brother, who was in Indiana, told me that I can have it.
Then I ordered a headphone jack adapter and a new battery for my Game Boy. I also changed the save battery for "Pokemon Gold" and ordered "Super Mario Land" for the original Game Boy, to commemorate its 30th anniversary. And I bought it to play on my GBA SP, since its backwards compatible with original Game Boy games as well as Game Boy Color games.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace