It's official--I am going back to Canada!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
:clap:

Its official, today I got my flight booked courtesy of my home church, Chestnut Ridge Baptist. I will be back on the mission field from Dec. 2--Jan. 23 and I cannot wait.

I'm almost Canadian as I will have spent 1/3 of a year up there at the end of this, eh?

I will be doing a lot of the same things I did over the summer, but some new things as well. The new thing I'll be doing is that I will be sheperding a house church of 11-15 people that has formed for the time I am there, which will be a great experience and I pray that God would bless our time. I've also been offered a full time position up there doing that and other ministry things. -- I am unsure about this because I am in the middle of school. I've never been offered such a thing before and it is humbling. I have a few months before I have to give an answer but I will pray everyday about it until then.

So I am excited about it and can't wait.

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Ragamuffins said:
Canada? My garsh, you will NEED our prayers ;)

Definitely, being stuck in the middle of no where is finacially draining and the Dogrib are a very stubborn people. Lots of troubles, lots of resistance and persecution the further North you go. Sex, Gambling [mainly bingo], and Alcohol are King in a land devoid of anything else to do. Its not uncommon for someone to spend their entire pay at bingo or pay 100$ for a small "mickey," which is basically vodka. It is a place where people are ashamed to go to church or to be associated with you because you are a Christian. During a Baptism in August, several church members refused to get out of the car at the lake because they seen their friends down the road.

Its nuts. And to hear one of my deacon friends down here pronounce "woes" to the Lord because the church lacks a piano player is hilarious. ^_^ He Needs to get out more, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
When it gets to 40 belowe or so (same temp in both F and C) take a pot of boiling water outside and throw it up into the air. It will freeze before it hits the ground and if you do it well, you can even get a cracking noise. Like I said cheap entertainment, unless you're the guy chopping wood or paying for the fuel oil.

At least you won't have to get up too early for sunrise services.

Marv

Upvote 0

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
BigNorsk said:
The weather keeps the mosquitoes and flies down and you can show your faith by walking on water.

So, did you learn what Muskol was last summer?

Best wishes,
Marv

:|

I've realized that mosquitoes are a result of the fall. Genesis tells us that prior to the fall everything was vegetarian. No longer. Those blood sucking things are going to the pit of hell at the end of the age...

But yes, Muskol was a favorite cologne up there. You cannot go for a walk or stand around before a swarm attacks you. I thought they were over exaggerating when they told me about the mosquitoes. The Muskol will keep the skeeters off and away but that doesnt stop the gnats, black flies and bull flies. The gnats are worse than the mosquitoes in my opinion. With the muskol they will stay away but the gnats will land on you over and over again. Imagine having a cloud over your head.

When it gets to 40 belowe or so (same temp in both F and C) take a pot of boiling water outside and throw it up into the air. It will freeze before it hits the ground and if you do it well, you can even get a cracking noise. Like I said cheap entertainment, unless you're the guy chopping wood or paying for the fuel oil.

At least you won't have to get up too early for sunrise services.

Marv

Haha, I will definitly try it. I will just set a pan on the wood stove.

I take it you have been up there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.