It's official: as of yesterday I'm in my thirties...

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I kind of looked so much forward to posting in the thirties section of the board only to find out that it has been altered :(
Oh well, here I am... (I just have to adopt I guess) what should I expect from this new decade? Does anyone have any insights or experiences that they wanna share with a newcomer to the herd ? :)

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
More friends marrying and having kids and being busy with their kids.

Oh, that's a bummer! I'm happily single so I didn't want hear that :p

Upvote 0

kdm1984

WELS
Oct 8, 2016
SW MO, USA
✟38,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thirties have been better than my twenties. I'm much less idealistic than I was in my twenties, much more self-aware, and continuing to gain awareness of others and how to properly approach social situations. I'm not really that surprised by anything anymore. Experience can be a wonderful teacher. So can knowledge. I know so much more about doctrine and theology than I used to. I kind of grew up in an insular bubble, and it's been nice to burst the bubble, so to speak. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I kind of looked so much forward to posting in the thirties section of the board only to find out that it has been altered :(
Oh well, here I am... (I just have to adopt I guess) what should I expect from this new decade? Does anyone have any insights or experiences that they wanna share with a newcomer to the herd ? :)
I know what you mean. Turning 30 was a major league kick in the boys for me.

I get the idea that historically, previous generations spent their 20's asking "Who am I?", their 30's asking "Am I happy with who I am" and then their 40's saying "Y'know, maybe not". Doesn't look like our generation is getting off that easy. But it could be worse.

I was in a pretty bad mood for about a decade there. Basically, all of my twenties. I can't imagine ever looking back on my twenties with something akin to affection or nostalgia.

My thirties haven't been too bad so far tho. I found my true Christian faith, met my future-wife, got married, went on an awesome honeymoon, had a kid and became an entrepreneur all in my 30's. I'm more comfortable in my own skin than I've ever been before. There's a certain complacency that seems to happen in your thirties. I'm being polite. As I cannot use potty language here, I'll sum it up by calling it a complete lack of concern with what anybody else thinks of you, your life, your decisions, your career or anything else.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Turned thirty last year and it isn't the end of the world. So far, it's been a lot better than much of my twenties. I'm a lot less insecure as a person for starters. Sure, I don't really go out with "the guys" (mostly other military people) but the good friends I have are solid; like having four quarters instead of one hundred pennies.

I'm looking forward to some things, but I find that for me personally life if just a lot more solid now.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

In my opinion thirties are the best!

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
Jamdung/Jamrock/Island in the sun
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to the thirties club!
Feel happy in your own skin and own your mistakes.
I hope you are enjoying it so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums