• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

It's not a coincidence

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I mean I'm constantly going through coincidences. I feel Satan is attacking me this way while the Lord is on my right shoulder telling me to repent. So many coincidences that it's obvious it's the devil. I'm almost two months out of a benzo withdrawal and I have windows of success and than painful moments.

Does anyone else here go through a lot of coincidences?

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do. At that moment I will start to praise God and give Him glory. It helps that "doom"ish feeling to subside.

I'm glad to hear you are having windows of success. One step at a time, dear brother. :) :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mean I'm constantly going through coincidences. I feel Satan is attacking me this way while the Lord is on my right shoulder telling me to repent. So many coincidences that it's obvious it's the devil. I'm almost two months out of a benzo withdrawal and I have windows of success and than painful moments.

The Lord is desperately trying to speak to you.. do you know how to recognise His voice? This is useful information:

• Friendly
Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just believe God speaks to us through His word. Not in coincidences such as schizophrenia and psychosis.

2 Timothy ch 1:7 God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of Power, Love and a Sound Mind.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just believe God speaks to us through His word. Not in coincidences such as schizophrenia and psychosis.
coincidence-god-anonymous.jpg

2 Timothy ch 1:7 God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of Power, Love and a Sound Mind.
That's right, but while men slept, His enemy sowed darnel amongst the wheat.

We have been given power to tread on snakes and scorpions, authority over the enemy in Jesus' name and for thousands of years, someone having a spiritual experience of life would seek counsel from more experienced priests. Nowadays however, Christians are defacto brainwashed to believe that spirituality is a mental disorder, and accessing expert spiritual guidance is difficult because it is sparse.

"My sheep listen to my voice, I know them and they follow me".
"Beware the false teachers that come to you in sheeps clothing. Inwardly they are ravenous wolves".
"My people go into exile for lack of knowledge. Their honorable men are famished, and their multitude is parched with thirst. Therefore hell has opened it's mouth and widened it's throat and Jerusalem's splendor, her multitude, her din of revelry and the jubilant within her, descend into it".

"Blessed are you, Simon Peter, for you have believed what The Father has shown you. Thou art the rock, upon which I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

If you will hear His voice today, do not harden your heart, but draw near to hear Him and learn of the way to salvation.

"I am the way, the truth and the life" .. further: "Nobody comes to The Father but by me".

"You diligently study the scriptures thinking that life is found in them, but the scriptures testify of me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life".

Brother dabro, I do believe that The Lord is pleading with you to repent and to follow Him. Be reassured that you are not alone! :)

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I just noticed this reply by another member to another member, that I think you may find useful too: Done listening to God

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is def the end times. I feel it more and more now than I ever have. Almost like we may be cloaked instead of taken up.
Do not be alarmed: Matthew 24:6, and endure: Luke 21:19. Only The Father knows exactly how the end will unfold (Matthew 24:36).

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Habdain

Apr 11, 2017
OLIVE BRANCH
✟16,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I have the illness too. There seem to be negative and positive coincidences. They eventually go too far and are essentially meaningless and absurd. Synchronicity is real, but as a mentally ill person they are extreme and ridiculous in nature. I hope you can get further help to reduce these symptoms. One of my past doctors said when this is happening, it is a sign of schizophrenia getting worse.

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I have many coincidences; it's quite troublesome. Nothing harmful or negative though, I don't think.

Bro, careful about Nootropics, especially if you're taking psychiatric pills.

But I'm intrigued by this - why is it a symptom of mental illness to have coincidences happen? Is this legitimate or a naturalistic, medical misunderstanding of demonic oppression?

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ya going through benzo withdrawal cold turkey is kinda what through my mind into this altered state. I went back to Oklahoma after picking up my script of klonopin. I'm in short supply so I'm weaning off of them the best way I know how since doctors wont help me.

Upvote 0

Raykay

Dec 9, 2017
Hastings
✟16,059.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I have coincidences but I don't think they are coincidence and believe they came from God (this is not to say yours are from God, after all we can hear voices of God but also demons). I got signs, when ever something improbable occured I would think God was trying to tell me something and I would decipher what meant - just like dreams. When I believe it was just the psychosis - a year later when these improbable things started happening again I said to God in my head "If this is you you have to make it clear than this because you cannot expect me to believe these things when I am like this. 5-15 minutes later after walking down one long street and turning another, someone pulled over and started praying for me. Then he repeated two statements "You know how you are wired" and "chase your dream, chase your passion" When he said these two statement I knew exactly what they referred to, you know how you are wired referred to the tense argument I had with with my doctor about anti-psychotic medication, where I argued that there was evidence that showed it interfered with creativity and there are psychiatrists who think that the brain abnormalities of psychosis may be the same abnormalities that allow creative people to be so creative. Since I "knew how I was wired" it meant I shouldn't take the medication. Chase your dream, chase your passion referred to me going to university. I had multiple people that day say negative things about me deciding to go to university and for me to chase my dream it realistically requires I go to uni. Better yet I aspire to be a Cognitive Neuroscientist with two main aims: To find ways to rewire the brain through mental activities as a means of curing psychosis and to find ways to change the mind quickly and effectively (as a means of getting rid of intrusive thoughts/dreams) Which further supports the first statement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums