Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
Okay, people, I know you're probably getting tired of my posting subjects like this, but it's still always on my mind, and especially since last night, when I went to a Bible study that focused on this subject matter (the times that we're living in). With all that has been happening with signs being fulfilled and about to be fulfilled, etc, do you think that it's pointless to start a family, seeing as though it evidently won't last long (for all of the single/newlyweds)? I mean it looks like we're closer than ever to the rapture happening, with everything that's happening in the world, so what do you think is the point, although many of us have the desire, to have a family? :confused: :confused:

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Nope! Not pointless at all. Though we are not of this world, we still must live in it and since we do not operate on God's timetable, we really DO NOT know how much time is left. We can be sure of the sighns we see but still not know the amount of time left. Remember Paul thought Christ would return in his lifetime.

So take heart! Live as though there is a lot of time. What if you dont and it turns out there IS a lot of time and you will have wasted your life?

Have your family and work for Jesus as though each day is your last. For regardless of when Christ returns, we have no guarantee of another day.

Upvote 0

Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Gerry
Remember Paul thought Christ would return in his lifetime. 
The only reason why this doesn't offer too much consolation is because the signs that Jesus warned His disciples of weren't being fulfilled back then, were they? :confused:

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Good morning Quiet Storm,

I too felt as you did, but I can confess quite easily that the best gift I have received from the Lord is my husband and children (even sometimes I wanna pull out my hair ;) )  Ask yourself if you believe the Lord wants you to remain single and not to have children.  The only way you should follow this course is if it's what His will is for you.  Otherwise, when you have a family, and you look into their little eyes, you'll be blown over with the gift that God has given you.  {{{HUGS}}}

I hope this has helped!

~Peace in Christ,

Terri

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.