• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

"It's just going to go away, like a miracle" sure it is...

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by The Barbarian, Jul 10, 2020.

1. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+6,515
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Everyone knows that because of the huge spike in infections as a number of states relaxed protections, we now can't travel to Europe, and we're all still in danger long after nations with competent leaders ended their pandemics.

But now, predictably, deaths are spiking up, too.

upload_2020-7-10_13-13-27.png
    It doesn't feel very good to say "scientists told you so."

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,053
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, I noticed that yesterday on U.S. daily Covid deaths -- enough days up to think: looks like we are back on the upward slope. It will continue to have the weekly zig zag of course, but the trend looks to have turned up. It was only a matter of time, and by August we will start to get more of a sense of how intense it will be. One of the changes since the April situation is that now we know a lot more about preventing transmission and about treatment. But...hospitals could still get overwhelmed, and a day or 2 back I heard that Houston hospitals were out of Remdesivir, and the person interviewed at that time had heard only that more should be sent to Texas in time, and wasn't too sure if and when, that one doctor.

3. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,053
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Translation: it might get so much worse in a few weeks.

4. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+6,515
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I suspect that sin wave shaped weekly curve is an artifact of the way states gather information on deaths. But yes, it's going up strongly right now. But maybe next week will be better. I wouldn't put any money on it, though.

That's the big worry. If we run out of beds, then we'll be rationing, deciding who gets to live and who must die. Doctors seem to be getting better at dealing with the virus, but if facilities get overwhelmed, look for deaths to skyrocket.

5. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+2,718
    Methodist
    "It's just going to go away, like a miracle" sure it is...

It was this President who after shifting all the responsibility for combating the pandemic onto the Governors, then encouraged pro-Trump demonstrators to "liberate" their states by re-opening their economies without adhering to his Administration's own guidelines!

The Republican governors followed his ill-advised directions and now find their states in a pandemic firestorm with no end in sight - the decision by Democratic governors, who followed the CDC guidelines, were accused of holding back the re-opening of their economies for political purposes"

Now we are witnessing the spectacle of this President
    publicly denouncing his Administration's own CDC guidelines concerning the reopening of the nations schools as "impractical and "too expensive!"

FOOTNOTE: The summer months were supposed to be the lull before the autumn storm whereby the 2nd wave of COVID-19, combined with "flu season," are expected to reassert themselves!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  6. Richard T

Richard T Well-Known Member

+652
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sadly, I think the President and some Governors were listening to some prophetic voices that told him this was going away. I hope they can change their tune before more people have to suffer needlessly. America could have had an outcome like much of the rest of the Western world, a muted pandemic, with a response based on science. Instead we got the wild west and an open invitation to COVID in many states. Trump and America (I am included) should humble themselves on this pandemic.

7. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,139
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Too late for that, you are seriously in a pandemic now.

8. Richard T

Richard T Well-Known Member

+652
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Never too late to humble ourselves though.

9. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,139
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Of course not.

10. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,403
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    You can fool some of the people all of the time....

But thankfully, the "somes" are dwindling!