Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I said the unforgivable sin and now I feel completely hopeless I dont feel jesus or God I dont feel the holy spirit any more either I wish I didnt do it and now I'm going to be miserable forever I dont know what to do I'm praying and asking God to help me but I'm not getting anything I cant live like this it's the worst pain ever

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
If you said it and meant it 100% THEN you committed the sin. But the fact that you're here now, acknowledging Jesus' existence AND asking for prayer, makes me doubt the integrity of your sin.

In other words, I'm not convinced you did it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If yo
I said the unforgivable sin and now I feel completely hopeless I dont feel jesus or God I dont feel the holy spirit any more either I wish I didnt do it and now I'm going to be miserable forever I dont know what to do I'm praying and asking God to help me but I'm not getting anything I cant live like this it's the worst pain ever
If you committed an unforgivable sin, you wouldn't care whether or not you did. Your remorse shows you have repented from whatever it was. Move on and thank God for saving you.

Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you said it and meant it 100% THEN you committed the sin. But the fact that you're here now, acknowledging Jesus' existence AND asking for prayer, makes me doubt the integrity of your sin.

In other words, I'm not convinced you did it.
I had to say it because if I didnt my prayers would be answered I have this awful hopeless feeling it's the worst feeling ever feeling like you dont have jesus or the holy spirit it's the worst feeling and if I didn't do the unforgivable sin why do I still feel this way this feeling feels so bad that I just want my life to end it hurts too much to feel this way

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If yo

If you committed an unforgivable sin, you wouldn't care whether or not you did. Your remorse shows you have repented from whatever it was. Move on and thank God for saving you.
I feel so terrible I know what it feels like to have God or to feel him and I dont feel him at all it's the worst feeling ever and I just want it to go away

• Friendly
Upvote 0

plain jayne

Aug 11, 2020
Louisiana
✟58,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need you to listen carefully to me.

If you are scared to death that you have committed the "unforgivable sin" - then the odds are great that you have NOT.

What was Jesus talking about when he said that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven?

Jesus had been healing people. Some scribes came along and said that Jesus had the ability to heal people because he was possessed by the devil - that he had an "unclean spirit". Mark 3.

Jesus didn't have an unclean spirit - he had the HOLY SPIRIT! These men had attributed to the devil what was really God's power. They showed COMPLETE contempt to the God they claimed to serve and taught that Jesus was a devil. They believed it in their hearts and spoke it to the people.

Do you believe that Jesus is a devil - do you actually believe this in your heart? Do you believe in your heart that the Holy Spirit is a devil? Do you speak this and teach it to others? If not, then you have NOT committed anything unpardonable.

Ultimately, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

I know people who suffer from various mental illnesses and suffer from "intrusive thoughts". These are thoughts that randomly pop in ones head and they may be benign or they may be profoundly ugly.

If you have surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ, then when these ideas or thoughts pop into your head - reject them in the name of Jesus.

God knows when we suffer and does not hold things such as this that we cannot control against us.

The more you dwell on intrusive thoughts and try to fight them and worry sick that you are somehow branded as evil for them, the more they stay because YOU are clinging to them and ergo, the more tortured you are. Intrusive thoughts of any kind should go in one ear and out the other. Whisper the name of Jesus instead of trying to fight a battle that is tormenting you. Don't attach your spiritual growth, salvation, and worth to God to those thoughts. That's what the devil wants you to do. That way - you feel worthless, unloved by God, and miserable.

And when you get to that point - THEN you feel like God isn't helping you and that Christ isn't listening to you and then you get really, really scared and miserable.

Focus on something else and ask God for help when this happens. It takes work and time, but success will come. Allow thoughts such as this that invade your mind to become impotent and pathetic.

And remember - FAITH stares down anything. Cling to Jesus. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I have just become a prayer Angel on CF today. Please ask God to bless my endeavor.

I am a retired preacher/missionary with 36 years experience. I just want to say that if you think you have committed "that" sin and are still remorseful, then it is very unlikely you are guilty. Those given over as apostate are not contrite. They are sneaky and sinful. They tend to justify their sins.

That said, our Father sometimes sends us through a spiritual valley where He backs away from us to exercise our faith. I myself experienced a 25 year valley where I wasn't allowed minister one bit. Except writing two books all I had was family to deal with. It's depressing, I know. But whatever survives the trial period is real faith that will stay with you.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I had to say it because if I didnt my prayers would be answered I have this awful hopeless feeling it's the worst feeling ever feeling like you dont have jesus or the holy spirit it's the worst feeling and if I didn't do the unforgivable sin why do I still feel this way this feeling feels so bad that I just want my life to end it hurts too much to feel this way

It's sounds more like a local problem to me - i.e. anxiety or OCD perhaps? I'm not sure it's cause for concern.

Try and break the thought loop you're in. Relax, imagine a pair of scissors cutting the loop, and continue on in a straight line moving forwards.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel so terrible I know what it feels like to have God or to feel him and I dont feel him at all it's the worst feeling ever and I just want it to go away
with me, I feel the witness of the Spirit staring every day praying and reading the scriptures. It gets pretty dry without that.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If you are scared to death that you have committed the "unforgivable sin" - then the odds are great that you have NOT.

What was Jesus talking about when he said that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven?

Jesus had been healing people. Some scribes came along and said that Jesus had the ability to heal people because he was possessed by the devil - that he had an "unclean spirit". Mark 3.

Jesus didn't have an unclean spirit - he had the HOLY SPIRIT! These men had attributed to the devil what was really God's power. They showed COMPLETE contempt to the God they claimed to serve and taught that Jesus was a devil. They believed it in their hearts and spoke it to the people.

Do you believe that Jesus is a devil - do you actually believe this in your heart? Do you believe in your heart that the Holy Spirit is a devil? Do you speak this and teach it to others? If not, then you have NOT committed anything unpardonable.

Ultimately, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

I know people who suffer from various mental illnesses and suffer from "intrusive thoughts". These are thoughts that randomly pop in ones head and they may be benign or they may be profoundly ugly.

If you have surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ, then when these ideas or thoughts pop into your head - reject them in the name of Jesus.

God knows when we suffer and does not hold things such as this that we cannot control against us.

The more you dwell on intrusive thoughts and try to fight them and worry sick that you are somehow branded as evil for them, the more they stay because YOU are clinging to them and ergo, the more tortured you are. Intrusive thoughts of any kind should go in one ear and out the other. Whisper the name of Jesus instead of trying to fight a battle that is tormenting you. Don't attach your spiritual growth, salvation, and worth to God to those thoughts. That's what the devil wants you to do. That way - you feel worthless, unloved by God, and miserable.

And when you get to that point - THEN you feel like God isn't helping you and that Christ isn't listening to you and then you get really, really scared and miserable.

Focus on something else and ask God for help when this happens. It takes work and time, but success will come. Allow thoughts such as this that invade your mind to become impotent and pathetic.

Thankyou for praying for me and for your words of encouragement but before I said the unforgivable sin I felt God a little bit and I felt like i was ok after i said it i immediately felt hopeless and without him and just void and no determination no hope no motivation to move forward I dont feel anything and the feeling is so horrible it hurts so bad the pain of not having jesus hurts it hurts to also know that I dont have the holy spirit I need jesus and the holy spirit to feel good and I dont feel good at all and if God was with me my prayers would have gotten answered any other time they get answered and now they're not I did something wrong

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's sounds more like a local problem to me - i.e. anxiety or OCD perhaps? I'm not sure it's cause for concern.

Try and break the thought loop you're in. Relax, imagine a pair of scissors cutting the loop, and continue on in a straight line moving forwards.
I'm a feelings person I really feel God through my feelings and I know when he's not with me anymore because of my feelings I feel awful and I have prayed for this bad feeling to go away and it hasn't if jesus was still with me he would take this feeling away God does not want us to live in pain the fact that I'm in pain let's me know that jesus is not with me or he would have healed me by now

• Friendly
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian

Excellent post.

Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have just become a prayer Angel on CF today. Please ask God to bless my endeavor.

I am a retired preacher/missionary with 36 years experience. I just want to say that if you think you have committed "that" sin and are still remorseful, then it is very unlikely you are guilty. Those given over as apostate are not contrite. They are sneaky and sinful. They tend to justify their sins.

That said, our Father sometimes sends us through a spiritual valley where He backs away from us to exercise our faith. I myself experienced a 25 year valley where I wasn't allowed minister one bit. Except writing two books all I had was family to deal with. It's depressing, I know. But whatever survives the trial period is real faith that will stay with you.
I cant take the pain anymore it hurts I felt jesus before I said it and now I dont feel him at all that means something the fact that I felt him before I said the unforgivable sin and now all of a sudden I cant feel him let's me know that I did something wrong feelings are indicators letting us know if were ok or not

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
with me, I feel the witness of the Spirit staring every day praying and reading the scriptures. It gets pretty dry without that.
I usually just feel some type of feeling that God is with me after I said the unforgivable sin I lost all of that feeling now i dont feel him at all I dont feel him if i pray i dont feel him if i read the word i dont feel him if i worship it's just completely nothing I cant take this feeling its eating me up

• Friendly
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'm a feelings person I really feel God through my feelings and I know when he's not with me anymore because of my feelings I feel awful and I have prayed for this bad feeling to go away and it hasn't if jesus was still with me he would take this feeling away God does not want us to live in pain the fact that I'm in pain let's me know that jesus is not with me or he would have healed me by now

Well, you've done the right thing. You had a concern and asked for help. That's all God will ever want you to do in situations like these.

He will NEVER leave you stranded in an impossible situation like this. I wish in some ways the bible was written a little clearer - that, or people need to get better at explaining it.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I usually just feel some type of feeling that God is with me after I said the unforgivable sin I lost all of that feeling now i dont feel him at all I dont feel him if i pray i dont feel him if i read the word i dont feel him if i worship it's just completely nothing I cant take this feeling its eating me up
Here's the problem. If you committed the unforgivable sin, you would not be concerned with it. You would assume God does not exist and would not be concerned as you are now.

Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, you've done the right thing. You had a concern and asked for help. That's all God will ever want you to do in situations like these.

He will NEVER leave you stranded in an impossible situation like this. I wish in some ways the bible was written a little clearer - that, or people need to get better at explaining it.
I have no joy no peace I see mo light at the end of the tunnel I dont want to live in pain forever I dont want to feel like I dont have jesus forever who would want to live like that?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

plain jayne

Aug 11, 2020
Louisiana
✟58,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thankyou for praying for me and for your words of encouragement but before I said the unforgivable sin I felt God a little bit and I felt like i was ok after i said it i immediately felt hopeless and without him and just void and no determination no hope no motivation to move forward I dont feel anything and the feeling is so horrible it hurts so bad the pain of not having jesus hurts it hurts to also know that I dont have the holy spirit I need jesus and the holy spirit to feel good and I dont feel good at all and if God was with me my prayers would have gotten answered any other time they get answered and now they're not I did something wrong
You, like so many people - even me at some points, are putting too much emphasis on how you feel.

Our feelings are important, but sometimes they fluctuate and sometimes they are influenced by things beyond our control.

God does not change. If he is in your heart - if Christ is in your heart - then your feelings good or bad are irrelevant.

Sometimes we get to feeling horrible and it affects us spiritually and we think God has left us. Sometimes we get to feeling TOO good - as in too prideful, and that can affect our spiritual walk.

Try putting your feelings aside - and that's hard, I know. Exercise your faith like a muscle. Read the Bible, pray, talk to others who are saved, and focus on serving.

Upvote 0

SerenityA

Sep 7, 2020
Milwaukee
✟37,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's the problem. If you committed the unforgivable sin, you would not be concerned with it. You would assume God does not exist and would not be concerned as you are now.
My prayers would get answered if he was with me I wouldnt be in pain and feeling hopeless God would not allow me to go through that if he was still with me I believe it jesus was still with me he would take away all my worry and doubt and let me know that he is with me and he would wipe all my pain away but he has not done that and I constantly pray therefore he is not with me

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My prayers would get answered if he was with me I wouldnt be in pain and feeling hopeless God would not allow me to go through that if he was still with me I believe it jesus was still with me he would take away all my worry and doubt and let me know that he is with me and he would wipe all my pain away but he has not done that and I constantly pray therefore he is not with me
Scripture goes a long way in bringing peace to a restless heart.

Upvote 0