It's been nearly 7 years since and I'm still haunted.

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
My ex-husband was, in every form, abusive. Verbal abuse? Yep. Sexual abuse? Yep. Physical abuse? Yep. Drug Abusive? Yep. The list continues. We weren't married in a church but rather a courthouse. God wasn't in the marriage even though I desperately wanted Him to be.

Now I wonder if ever getting married again should even happen. Do I want children or should I just stay single all my life and laugh at romance?

Why I even married my ex, knowing he wasn't a Christian but was seeking for hope in it, was because I hoped too. Still do actually. I hope he has found Christ wherever he is.

But this still doesn't mean that another husband will come along. I just want to know if a second marriage is right? The next man I marry will have to come to terms with the abuse I suffered and will have to forgive my ex because I've forgiven (well still working on it honestly. Some days I still call him vulgar names) him.

Still, God does miracles I just don't know them yet.

dayofgrace

Feb 6, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
✟955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My ex-husband was, in every form, abusive. Verbal abuse? Yep. Sexual abuse? Yep. Physical abuse? Yep. Drug Abusive? Yep. The list continues. We weren't married in a church but rather a courthouse. God wasn't in the marriage even though I desperately wanted Him to be.

Now I wonder if ever getting married again should even happen. Do I want children or should I just stay single all my life and laugh at romance?

Why I even married my ex, knowing he wasn't a Christian but was seeking for hope in it, was because I hoped too. Still do actually. I hope he has found Christ wherever he is.

But this still doesn't mean that another husband will come along. I just want to know if a second marriage is right? The next man I marry will have to come to terms with the abuse I suffered and will have to forgive my ex because I've forgiven (well still working on it honestly. Some days I still call him vulgar names) him.

Still, God does miracles I just don't know them yet.
Maybe it's time to be single for a while, well long enough to learn what our father in heaven values when it comes to relationships.

If you like I can go through the bible with you.

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe it's time to be single for a while, well long enough to learn what our father in heaven values when it comes to relationships.

If you like I can go through the bible with you.

Yes, I'd like that thank you. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0