Newark
✟8,748.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At the moment I'm finding it so hard to believe in myself, things getting better or anyone being there for me.

For many years I've struggled with loneliness, anxiety and financial problems. I've not had nearly such a good career as I could have done after my degree. My latest job's probation has been extended due to performance issues and the only way I could make good money - if I got into management - doesn't seem so likely now.

The week off from work has fallen really flat with me not too little money to go anywhere and too much time for obsessive thinking about past and present issues. These are so longstanding it's hard to feel they'll ever be resolved or that I can ever have the faith other people at my church do. Just feel everyone surpasses me in every aspect of my life.

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Sajamor,

Welcome to Christian Forums :hug:

So sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm currently on what's tantamount to zero contract hours as I think I've hit that age where I am too old/expensive to be employed.

Just prayed for you - although it may not feel like it right now, things will get better. Offload all your worries and cares to your heavenly Father. Immerse yourself in some praise and worship songs while you're at home as well to take your mind off your circumstances, and provide you with some time to clear the concerns enough to regroup and plan.

When I have days like that (had one yesterday), I find that going for a walk helps a heck of a lot too. Today felt like a new day in contrast.

Big :hug: to you - I usually lurk around here and the singles section of CF which tends to be a little more livelier, if ever you need to chat.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sajamor. Sorry to see that you are having a bad time with work. It made me think of this other post regarding hitting rock bottom, surrender and taking every day as it comes (see quote below). Maybe God just never intended for you to be a career-woman. Maybe all we can do is give it all up to Lord Jesus Christ every single morning. Anyway, welcome to CF :twohearts:

Ego dissolves in surrendering and trusting God. Letting go and letting God have control. Instead of fighting against the flow of life we let go of control as we abandon ourselves completely to God. We navigate through life not control it. We usually have to hit bottom and shatter the ego before we surrender to God in humble trust that leads to obedience. In learning to let go we empty ourselves to be filled with the Spirit (word of God). This letting go and emptying the self is the goal in Buddhists meditation. It sharpens our focus to live in the now or moment. When we surrender we accept the past and future as the blood of Christ covers them both. With God in control the future is secure. For He promises to work everything together for good for those that love Him. And we love Him because He first loved us in His suffering death and resurrection. In confessing our sins and trusting God the past is blotted out and the future is secure because it's in His hands. I have hope and am freed up to live in the present moment. One day at a time one moment at a time we are dependent on Christ as He secures our future because we love and trust in Him. He is the self-sufficient, all-knowing, all-powerful and all glorious one. I'm nothing. I'm powerless and depend on Him in a humbled and surrendered trust in His Divine Providence. In letting go I'm no longer in control but the sovereign God is. I no longer try to ego control life and other people. In surrendering to God's control we surrender to the flow of life and live from the heart. We no longer try to manage everything. God is our manager. His omnipresence permeates everything as He is the guiding Spirit behind the cosmic evolution. We put our faith in Him. We trust His promises.

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
At the moment I'm finding it so hard to believe in myself, things getting better or anyone being there for me.

For many years I've struggled with loneliness, anxiety and financial problems. I've not had nearly such a good career as I could have done after my degree. My latest job's probation has been extended due to performance issues and the only way I could make good money - if I got into management - doesn't seem so likely now.

The week off from work has fallen really flat with me not too little money to go anywhere and too much time for obsessive thinking about past and present issues. These are so longstanding it's hard to feel they'll ever be resolved or that I can ever have the faith other people at my church do. Just feel everyone surpasses me in every aspect of my life.

Never mind career, degrees, big money,

What are you good at doing?
What do you like doing?

Then do it.

You will be happier, I,m sure.

BTW, is Arsenal a team from Woolwich?

I not know anything about soccer,
but Lotuspetal is a "footy" fan.

Not sure but I think it,s Spurs who is her team,

Hehe.

I was one of those who thought Sheffield Wednesday was a bank holiday, :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not sure but I think it,s Spurs who is her team,

Hehe.

:)
My reaction to the above quote - Spurs fan?!!

giphy.gif

Just kiddin Robban lol - Good to see you! :wave:

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
Doesn't matter what others do. In God's eyes you are precious. He has plans for you. If you pray and ask sincerely for peace and guidance. Do that and all will become better than you ever dreamt.
Nobody on earth can possibly be with you like Jesus can.
So do not despair. Plenty of hope.

• Agree
Upvote 0