exactly opposite of where I'd rather be
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't know what triggered it, but my husband has decided to come back to Church. I don't know if he will be have to be recatechumized or what. He still doesn't really believe, but considering what he has been putting himself through the past few years, this is a start. We are dropping the kids off with my parents and going to Paraklesis tomorrow, don't know if we'll talk to Father, though. He was also diagnosed with ADHD today among other mental health problems (his mom has severe mental problems) and hopefully he will be able to work on things from here. Please pray for him.

JESUS<3sYOU

Sverige är bäst!
Jun 30, 2010
✟8,200.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Lord, have mercy. This is very good news, thank God. In our language we say Herre, förbarma dig (Lord, have mercy), and it's hard to translate, but it means "Lord, let me be close to your chest." I think that what's important is that your husband wants to come before God to receive. I'm noone to give advice, but I would advice you to have a lot of patience with your husband and not press him to believe. Maybe he has faith in his heart. A passage from Saint Luke comes to mind:
[SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]18. [/SIZE]
Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?[SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]19. [/SIZE]
It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.[SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]20. [/SIZE]
And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?[SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]21. [/SIZE]
It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

(The Gospel according to Luke, chap. 13)
May God bless your husband and all your family and all his family and your children.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,394.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Rainbow - I'm glad things are starting to improve :)

You have a diagnosis at last , and this will shed quite a bit of light on why things have gone awry in the past .

My advice - take it day by day - make sure your priest knows everything and let him and Him :) ] take over .

Prayers for you all

Upvote 0
B

Bosco_Guy

Prayers for you and your family. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder several years a go and it was a relief to know what was wrong, but at the same time is very cumbersome knowing that one has an illness that is not their fault!

I am praying for your husband and for your family. I am glad to hear he is willing to start going to church again!

Upvote 0

MamaBug

Aug 28, 2007
✟15,584.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Speaking as the spouse of a man with ADD, you may find the articles at this site of help:

http://www.adhdmarriage.com/

The commenters can get a little negative since they are written by people in the midst of it all, but the articles are positive with good advice.

One word of advice: Me-di-cine... I am not entirely joking when I say that Ritalin may have saved my marriage (and my husband's life and me from a life in prison ;)) in more ways then one.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am hesitant to be truly elated yet, rainbow because of your husband's back and forth deals, but I am very pleased to read that he is seeking help for his ADHD and other mental health issues. I can't imagine the turmoil he's been going through and all the agony you have been going through the past year or so, but I pray that God guides Him and that he finds some treatment to bring about a clearer stance on his spiritual life. It is a hopeful sign for sure. :)

Don't know if we'll be making Paraklesis tonight. We shall see. If so, it'll be nice to see you. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rainbowbright

Veteran
Sep 4, 2005
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks. and thank you for the link, Mamabug, it's very helpful.
I agree with you Dorothea, I am a little hesitant as well that's why I'm not doing a full-fledged celebration, but right now I will take what I can get. He will be starting concerta,which our oldest son is taking for ADHD (now I know where he gets it from:)) and then he will be working with his cognitive problems, so I am hoping that will help.
Oh btw, your other half did a great job chanting tonight.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. and thank you for the link, Mamabug, it's very helpful.
I agree with you Dorothea, I am a little hesitant as well that's why I'm not doing a full-fledged celebration, but right now I will take what I can get. He will be starting concerta,which our oldest son is taking for ADHD (now I know where he gets it from:)) and then he will be working with his cognitive problems, so I am hoping that will help.
Oh btw, your other half did a great job chanting tonight.
:thumbsup: I'm really glad that your husband is getting the treatment he needs. I believe he will be more settled in a month or so (depending on how long it takes for him to acclimate to the drugs!). I was thinking of you two last night after Paraklesis. Thinking how happy you must've felt having him with you at a church service!! :) Thanks for the compliment on the hubby's chanting. :D I'll tell him that. He was all nervous with Katerina there. Thinking he couldn't keep up or do well, but I thought both sounded great!! :D

Upvote 0

rainbowbright

Veteran
Sep 4, 2005
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:thumbsup: I'm really glad that your husband is getting the treatment he needs. I believe he will be more settled in a month or so (depending on how long it takes for him to acclimate to the drugs!). I was thinking of you two last night after Paraklesis. Thinking how happy you must've felt having him with you at a church service!! :) Thanks for the compliment on the hubby's chanting. :D I'll tell him that. He was all nervous with Katerina there. Thinking he couldn't keep up or do well, but I thought both sounded great!! :D

Yeah, I was very happy, despite the fact that I really wanted to leave because I hadn't slept in days and Father was okay with that, but it's been two years since we went to church together. I think in time he will totally come around.
Well, considering who Katerina's mother is and how well she trained her, your hubby did great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.