Its a mystery, and none of my business to try to fully understand them.

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Around starting last year I wanted to dive in and try figuring things out myself and looking at what others were saying. At this point of time I stopped attending Church, I stopped prayer, I was spiritually deprived for the sake of knowledge that ended up leading me away from God. I realized that there will be no way for me to understand all the mysteries or every single aspect, I should of stayed where I was since what I was doing was slowly destroying my faith. Most of this was from fear by circulated conspiracy theories, I was not well versed in scripture and to top that off with spiritual depravity. I believed in the Eucharist, and I have never thought I was breaking the commandments (Which I never was to begin with).

After a round of being away I noticed how spiritually dead I was, it was like there was no connection with God I was completely in my flesh. Now after being back at the Orthodox Church I am refilled, and growing in the spirit I just cannot get that experience anywhere else.

It was sort of a way of God saying "Ok Milos I'm going to let you go about into your own theological confusion until you realize that right now your dead and so is everybody around you, life is short and eternity is long, Get back to the Church".

I knew something was wrong being away, it was the most depriving and depressing time just over a silly conspiracy which I did not realize at the time. Ultimately God doesn't want me to be in fear, he doesn't expect me to understand everything and wanted me back where I was at the Orthodox Church.

The best solution is for me to have faith in God that the Holy Spirit shall lead me. I know I have him in me.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It would still be wise to try to understand things if you can.

Not giving it time and what many does - "delegating it to faith" which is rather laziness I think, given the massive information we already have in possession is what causes many to be deluded into false teachings.

Provebs 14:15
The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps.

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Golden Mean is important here. There is a middle path. There can be knowledge of the heart if one thinks through why the believe something and they are prudent going about it. There is always a known (what the Mind of the Church holds to). But, yes, there will always be an unknown until one dies and that’s the great part about life!

Upvote 0