It's a miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruelightUK

Tilter at religious windmills
Just thought I'd share a report I heard the other night from the Church Family Camp organised by the Elim (pentecostal) fellowship I attend.

There's a young lad (aged about 12 I beleive) who has been know to the church for some time, who suffers from spina bifida. He has to wear calipers on his legs, and walks supported on crutches: without these two aids, he would be unable to walk on his own. During the camp, he was prayed for by one of the speakers for healing. Immediately (as I understand) he was able to put down his crutches and walk unaided. He then removed his calipers, and walked (unsteadily at first, but then breaking into a run) around the tent. The kids who knew him were all in tears - as were many of the adults!

Anthony

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I've just been disappointed so many times, hearing about healings that weren't true that now I disbelieve them unless I hear it from an actual eye-witness and a doctor.

Christians, God bless 'em, want so badly to talk about miracles that they sometimes exaggerate or embelish actual events.

Can you document what happened to the boy?

Upvote 0

TruelightUK

Tilter at religious windmills
No, I can't. Maybe, given time, the Church concerned may be able to do so - it only happened last week. I agree that there are some sensationalised reports around but, in this case, I trust the people I heard the news from - especially as my friend, Ian, is even more cynical than me in such matters!

Anthony

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.